Lipsey's 77/22 RSI International .22 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
Between 2013 and 2015 Lipsey's offered a blued 77/22 International .22 magnum as a special run from Ruger. Earlier they offered one in stainless. Can anyone tell me how many of each version were produced and sold? Thanks in advance.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Seem to recall about 550 K77/22 RSI, and about 850 77/22M RSI. Lipseys does not show count on the certificates I have seen although they do on other Ruger models.

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
Thanks Rocdoc. I was hoping some other folks would chime in and maybe Chet from RENE would have some idea as he's got a pretty good handle on what's out there. I'll keep watching the thread.

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Hipshot - I stumbled upon one of these about a year ago on GB, while the auction was still open, I did some research into it, as I had never heard of the model and had no idea they were made. I won the auction (actually was the only bidder) for what I thought was very reasonable price. The seller (private) indicated he was the original owner and had all the box, paperwork and the remaining 3 1/2 boxes of ammo. He said he bought 5 boxes with it new and fired only 1 1/2 thru it. Upon arrival, it looked new in the box, but what intrigued me was the serial number put it into a 2016 production range. I emailed Lipsey's about the rifle and it's serial number. Jason at Lipsey's responded in a few hours and said the original production run was during 2013-2015 and totaled 1259 rifles. He said Ruger later stated they had enough parts to assemble an additional 214 rifles. These were then sent to Lipsey's in April of 2016 and that my rifle was part of that additional run. I did not ask about any info on the 22 LR version in SS. The fit and finish on my rifle is excellent, my only complaint and it's just a personal one, it the entire bolt assembly is stainless, looks like the put a SS bolt in a blued rifle. I did't mind an SS bolt handle, but I wanted to swap out the shroud and a few small parts for blued at the back of the bolt. I ordered those from GPC, just haven't had the time to install them yet. I did put a Leupold 1-4X in Warne QD rings on it, keeps it with a bit of European flair! It's my first ever full stock rifle and I love it....blued steel, walnut and in 22 Mag! Hope this helps you out a bit - Bill in MA

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
Thanks Bill. The info that you and rocdoc provided is much appreciated and helps out a lot. I had no idea that many blued versions in .22 mag were produced. In fact, I thought the earlier stainless version was also .22 mag, not .22 lr. My blued .22 mag is exactly as you described yours with the stainless bolt and was produced in 2014. I do have two other internationals; a blued and a stainless 10/22. Maybe I'll go on a hunt for one of the earlier 77 RSI stainless 22's. I can always depend on the folks here on the forum to be helpful and provide information. Thanks again.

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Hipshot - Shortly after receiving this one, I started looking around for a 10/22 in a full stock version as well. I wanted a blued/walnut version and noticed that Ruger still makes a current version, but while looking into it, I found that they had made a run for Talo Distributors a few years earlier, but was now discontinued (sound familiar- I'm always late to find out). This model (Ruger #11104) was blued, french walnut, basketweave checkering, cheekpiece, swivel studs on both ends vs the sling loop and a buttplate vs the red pad. It was difficult to find and I have no idea how many were made, but eventually a NIB version turned up on Gunsamerica. I was able to grab it and am very pleased to have it. I have yet to scope it, but have a matte finish Leupold base and set of rings waiting for it. As I'm a big fan of most anything in 22 Mag, my holy grail would be to have a 10/22 Mag in a full stock version. Blued and walnut of course! I've seen pictures of one, but believe it was custom built. Good luck with your SS search if you go that route. Bill in MA