Ruger Wrangler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Take half of a wooden clothes pin with you to the range. If your loading gate spring is as heavy as mine was it will wear out your thumb after a box or two of firing. Slip the narrow end of the clothes pin into the recess of the loading gate for easy opening. After a few range outings and leaving the gate open for extended time mine loosened up enough that the clothes pin was no longer needed. Other than that just bring plenty of ammo and enjoy the day. It's nice that a ~$200 gun can be fun, safe, and reasonably accurate.

Best Regards,
ADP3

contender

Ruger Guru
I got me a shooter to go with the 3 wall hangers I got. While it shoots a little to the left in my hands,, I can fix that easily. A SWEET gun for fun and the price is excellent!

jjas

Single-Sixer
I purchased a wrangler a week or so ago and took it to the range. It's a fun gun to bounce a golf ball or shoot an aluminum can with.

I ran about 200 rounds through mine and it was flawless. The trigger pull is good, the loading gate worked fine. For
the $190 I spent on it, it appears well worth the money.

I'll likely buy one more when I can find an all black model.

lefty315

Bearcat
I have an old model single six and a single six convertible from the early 80's. I decided to pick one up in burnt bronze just because it was different. Finally Cabelas had one at $189, so I was able to use up accumulated points on my credit card. Unfortunately the not so great state of Washington won't release it for 10 days, so I'll have to wait a bit to put some rounds through it.

57springer

Buckeye
lefty315 said:
I have an old model single six and a single six convertible from the early 80's. I decided to pick one up in burnt bronze just because it was different. Finally Cabelas had one at $189, so I was able to use up accumulated points on my credit card. Unfortunately the not so great state of Washington won't release it for 10 days, so I'll have to wait a bit to put some rounds through it.
It will be worth the wait :wink:

hittman

Staff member
I picked up a consecutive pair of the bronze ones ..... 1st consecutive pair of anything I've ever had so will likely leave them unfired.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
I picked up a consecutive pair of the bronze ones ..... 1st consecutive pair of anything I've ever had so will likely leave them unfired.
I have several old and new model single sixes. Nevertheless, I joked that I would buy a wrangler if I could find a matched set. I did. I bought them. The first day on my range I shot a full brick thru EACH of them. Funnest 1000 round day I ever had.

Didn't even clean them when I got home. That bronze cerakote is awesome. They didn't look dirty. I made a custom velvet lined display case for the pair, and added a brass medallion. From now on I'll only take one to the range at a time and switch the medallion so they both have roughly equal round count.

I didn't add them to my will, but my son already has dibs on them. In the mean time we'll spend time together shooting the crap out of them.

lefty315 said:

I picked up my factory replaced Wrangler after just 3 days.... Not all transactions are 10-12 days. All that said, the fun factor is worth the wait...

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Heliman said:
lefty315 said:

I picked up my factory replaced Wrangler after just 3 days.... Not all transactions are 10-12 days. All that said, the fun factor is worth the wait...

Why is the wait different in the same state?

hittman

Staff member
I finally took delivery of mine last week.

Two bronze, consecutive s/n. Squirreled them away in the back of the safe.

Hondo44 said:
Heliman said:
lefty315 said:

Might be because I am vetted by Police force and worked at the gun counter at a nationally known sporting goods company. The law says UP TO twelve days.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Heliman said:
Hondo44 said:
Heliman said:

Might be because I am vetted by Police force and worked at the gun counter at a nationally known sporting goods company. The law says UP TO twelve days.

Interesting, thanks.

lefty315

Bearcat
I picked it up and it shoots pretty close to the sights at 25 yards. I've played a bit with the ammo and some Browning branded ammo shoots better than Remington so far. Fun little gun.

lefty315

Bearcat
I picked it up and it shoots pretty close to the sights at 25 yards. I've played a bit with the ammo and some Browning branded ammo shoots better than Remington so far. Fun little gun.

blue2golf

Bearcat
Fox Mike said:
I would like to acquire one but, as of today 11 November, they have not been approved for sale in Maryland.

Why the Hades not? One would think this is the kind of weapon a People's Republic would allow peons to have.