And then this happened.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
AAMyNRp.jpg

Well, I was all ready to shoot the State Steel Challenge Championship Thursday until I decided to clean my Volquartsen Mamba ( on the bottom ) Taking it apart I found that the Bolt Stop Pin sheared in half. I believe I have to send it back in to Ruger for this fix.

Fortunately I have a backup Mark IV 22/45.

Both guns have all Volquartsen interiors and boast 1.5 lbs. triggers. Only the weight is different so I should be good to go after making sure the 22/45 is sighted in.

M7sCj67.jpg

And if you send it back to Ruger, they will likely remove all the Volquartsen parts.

Before sending it back, it would be best to make very sure that Ruger knows exactly what's going on with this gun.

Be careful with that nice gun.

:shock:

Also technically speaking there is no warranty on Ruger products. From any Ruger owner's manual . . .

"The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any
seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written
warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be
designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a
"full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to
provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full"
, rather than to
attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and
the regulations issued there under. There are certain implied warranties
under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent
and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to
state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger &
Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in
providing service to owners of Ruger® firearms."

Ruger has historically attempted to "make good" on any product, repairing or replacing any problematic firearm upon receiving an inquiry to their Customer Service department. If repairable, any gun sent to them for service will usually have any non-Ruger parts replaced with original Ruger parts. You may or may not receive such parts with the gun when returned to you.

:mrgreen:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
SGW Gunsmith said:
Why would you need to send it back to Ruger? Bolt stop pins are not a restricted part.
They won't sell just the part. I've taken it down and put all stock Ruger parts back in. I need the barrel on my backup frame because the Mamba needs a different Magazine Catch to work correctly or you get lots of jams. I don't have a backup of the Mag Catch so I have to use my Ruger barrel this week for the State Championship and will send the gun out Monday.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
AzShooter1 said:
SGW Gunsmith said:
Why would you need to send it back to Ruger? Bolt stop pins are not a restricted part.

They won't sell just the part. I've taken it down and put all stock Ruger parts back in. I need the barrel on my backup frame because the Mamba needs a different Magazine Catch to work correctly or you get lots of jams. I don't have a backup of the Mag Catch so I have to use my Ruger barrel this week for the State Championship and will send the gun out Monday.

Well, they sell 'em to me. I have blued and stainless steel in stock currently.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
NH Rugerman said:
And technically speaking, I think you may have voided the warranty....

No, they are covering it under warranty. Customer Service Rep was being nice to me. They are even paying for shipping.

Ruger has great CS.