RUGER SINGLE SIX 22LR BUNTLINE:

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cpt-t

Single-Sixer
I am going to my Gun Clubs, Gunshow in 2 weeks and am thinking really hard about looking for a 9 1/2 inch barreled 22LR Ruger Single Six Buntline. Can any of you guys give me any expert advice on this. I turn 76 yrs old on 10-20-19 so I guess if I am really going to buy one and get any use out of it, I had better, just get it done. I have always had a unexplainable weakness for long barreled handguns, ever since I was a kid. Just what should a really nice one cost me, new or used. Do they come in stainless steel or just in blue steel. Also are they really all that accurate I would really like for it to be super accurate. I plan on shooting targets with it, but more than anything to hunt with it and to go with me on my long walks along the river and do some really serious plinking. This is just a Ruger S/A that I have always really wanted, but would never allow myself to buy. Always had to many other things that my family needed more than I need this particular gun. I think maybe my time has finally come, or at least I hope so anyway. I bought a Gun Belt & Holster to fit it, 20+ years ago. Is that crazy or what. When You get old you can do some really strange things. Thanks in advance for Your Advice and Help.
ken

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
Family friend had one, he has died 2 years ago, need to ask his widow about possibly purchasing his. It had a scope on it. Overloadded

trapperon

Blackhawk
An all-time favorite of mine as well. I think you can order a new one through davidsons gungenie for about $550. It would be blued and have a convertible 22mag cylinder with it if you went that route. The stainless ones were made in the early 1970s and are tough to come by and also bring a premium--maybe $700 or so if you found one. So being used, just compare the asking price to a new one, and evaluate from there using condition and if it has the extra cylinder with it as a guide.

Mine are extremely accurate--and very favorite 22 to shoot hands down!

I hope you score one soon. I think they are kind of a best kept secret and just dont get the love they deserve!!!!

Ron

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Buy one. it's almost your BD and you deserve it. Happy Birthday!

You've waited long enough, go for the gusto while you can still enjoy it.

See my post here in this thread if you haven't already: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=281953

I'd still have it if I didn't want this 8 1/2" Hawkeye .256 Winchester Magnum:

large.jpg

They carry best in a low shoulder holster or cross draw.

THX TO STREET, BARREL LENGTH CORRECTED!

ADP3

Single-Sixer
I know it's not a 9 1/2" Buntline, but the 7 1/2" Hunter model in Stainless Steel grabs my attention. The scalloped for scope rings ribbed barrel that would accept a scope or red dot sight, the interchangeable front sight and the weight of an all steel gun are what appeal to me. My problem is that I like them all. Good luck with your search. I think my next acquisition needs to be Paco Kelly's Accurizer Tool.

Best Regards,
ADP3

gunsbam69

Hunter
I can get you a factory new blue adjustable sight for $530 shipped and insured to your FFL but you'd also have to pay KS state tax as well. There are also plenty of new and used ones on Gunbroker, and several of them are old models. You could get one used for around $400 to $450 easy I'd think. If you don't find one at the gun show there are lots of options.

ADP3 said:
I know it's not a 9 1/2" Buntline, but the 7 1/2" Hunter model in Stainless Steel grabs my attention. The scalloped for scope rings ribbed barrel that would accept a scope or red dot sight, the interchangeable front sight and the weight of an all steel gun are what appeal to me. My problem is that I like them all. Good luck with your search. I think my next acquisition needs to be Paco Kelly's Accurizer Tool.

Best Regards,
ADP3
When was a 7 1/2" Ruger Single Six made. I don't ever remember seeing such an animal.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
https://ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSix/specSheets/0662.html

It's a Hunter Model, 0662. Stainless, 7 1/2" ribbed barrel with scallops for Ruger Rings, interchangeable .22WMR cylinder, 45 ounces, Brass Bead Front Sight, V-notch rear sight. They've been out about 10 years I think. One's on my short list.

Best Regards,
ADP3

street

Hunter
Hondo44 said:
Buy one. it's almost your BD and you deserve it. Happy Birthday!

You've waited long enough, go for the gusto while you can still enjoy it.

See my post here in this thread if you haven't already: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=281953

I'd still have it if I didn't want this 9 1/2" Hawkeye .256 Winchester Magnum:

large.jpg

They carry best in a low shoulder holster or cross draw.
Hondo44! Better check that Hawkeye again. That barrel should be 8 1/2 in. instead of 9 1/2 in. :wink:

27 Man

Bearcat
When I was a kid, my buddy got a 9 1/2"er for his birthday. I had a bolt action 410. We spent a lot of time blasting clods and pop cans with those guns. I lusted for a Single Six like his but it was out of the question with my folks. Over the years, we both have talked about our forays with those guns. He died recently but left written instructions for his widow to see that I got his old 9 1/2"er. I'm almost 72 now but I still drag it out of the safe from time to time to think about all the fun we had growing up with those guns.

Reactions: 153