MKII Price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jules

Single-Sixer
NIB
Lipsey's Ruger Mark II Target .22 LR with 5 1/2" Blue, slab side, walnut, 2003 Special Edition, Model MK512GCL.
Just like this one. The owner is asking $400.

MKII.png

pharmer

Single-Sixer
We all want cheap guns. That said, it's probably a good "market price" for that gun, better if box and a few spare magazines are included. And rest assured if you pay the $400 somebody will comment about getting the same gun for " a set of screwdrivers, a blow dryer and 20 Chuck E Cheese tokens." Joe

jules

Single-Sixer
pharmer said:
We all want cheap guns. That said, it's probably a good "market price" for that gun, better if box and a few spare magazines are included. And rest assured if you pay the $400 somebody will comment about getting the same gun for " a set of screwdrivers, a blow dryer and 20 Chuck E Cheese tokens." Joe

Everything comes with it Joe. It's new in the factory box.

jules said:
pharmer said:

Everything comes with it Joe. It's new in the factory box.

That is a very fair price...buy it!

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
My suggestion would be to scarf it up before someone else does. That very pistol has sold on Gunbroker for $500.00, as I've seen happen several times. I have one just like it, but it's no "safe queen", I shoot mine.
This distributor version involved only around 500 pistols, so NIB is a pretty good thing if you are a collector. Mine has an adjustable trigger added and Mark II plastic grips and the optics base that came with it, because I shoot this pistol often. And.........it's a GREAT shooter!;

2Uzp4sJl.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The OP gun looks like the TALO offering - adjustable gold trigger, flat milled barrel, walnut grips w/red background eagle medallions, drilled n tapped etc. Nice gun. Its twin has languished in a LGS for two years at $499 firm. I've tried... :oops:

Buy it at $400! Today.

jules

Single-Sixer
I read where only the Lipsey's had the gold trigger and that was their trademark. This one is D&T for a base but don't come with one.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
jules said:
I read where only the Lipsey's had the gold trigger and that was their trademark. This one is D&T for a base but don't come with one.

You are absolutely correct concerning the gold plated trigger, the info above is not. The gold trigger is only adjustable for over-travel and is a PITA to adjust but, once it's done it's done. The adjusting screw is in the top front face of the trigger:

xshGvHPl.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Last I heard, Lipsey's was a part of the TALO group? Have they separated?
The one here in Rugerville ( mentioned above) has a TALO tag in the box...? :? :? This confuses me enough to place a call to Jeff by weeks end.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

jules

Single-Sixer
I pick it up Sunday so we will see. It comes in a green plastic case. I'll most likely switch out the trigger and sear for a Volquartsen plus a Dawson FO front sight. Most of the time that's all I need.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Value for any pistol is what a seller can get for it. I have seen one like you posted above sell for $550.00 on gunbroker, plus $35.00 shipping.
So, as to that, you did very well.

jules

Single-Sixer
The grips look very nice but if I shoot it they will get swapped out for something else. They are kind of thick at the back. To me it feels like a thick flat spot.

hboswell

Bearcat
Congratulations! Glad to see you picked it up. I got one about 2 years ago, used, no box, 1 mag and a Bushnell 2-6x scope. It is by far one of my favorites as it balances perfectly and is very accurate. I replaced the rail with one of these-https://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Mark-See-Through-Scope-Mount/dp/B078YFHK1M/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ruger+mark+scope+mount&qid=1570630487&s=hunting-fishing&sr=1-2

I got mine off Ebay for $8 less, but, they only have silver right now. The mount comes with screws, but, you will need to use thread locker on them. It's shorter than the Ruger mount and fits between the rear sight and the barrel so it doesn't stick out.

jules

Single-Sixer
mohavesam said:
What is this "...IF I shoot it..."???
How ya gonna know how tight it groups if ya don't shoot it? 8)

LOL! This is embarrassing :oops: I have a total of 9 now and I only get out maybe a dozen times a year with any of them. I'll move to the country some day and have my own range :wink: I thought when ya get older things get easier. Man was I mislead :roll: