22/45 in for service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mcb66

Bearcat
I have fairly early 22/45 (nylon frame) 228 range serial number. It has been nothing but trouble for some while. Fail to eject, stovepipe, stoppage on top of stoppage. I have never had this problem with any of my other MK series pistols. Multiple cleaning and inspections, new Ruger supplied mags, and I have found nothing wrong that I can identify. So I sent it back to Ruger this week. What kind of experience has anyone had with customer service on these older 22/45s?

mcb66

Bearcat
No reply yet. They have received it and a technician is working on it. We'll see.....

mcb66

Bearcat
I'll be receiving it back tomorrow. Not sure what they did to fix it. Maybe the paperwork in the packaging will say.

mcb66

Bearcat
I received it back yesterday. They had replaced the broken sites, loaded chamber indicator and the sear. Straight out of the box it failed to eject and jammed on the 3rd shot. I couldn't get 3 consecutive shots out of it with federal ammo. Took it back to the bench and oiled it really good. It failed to pick up the first round when dropping the bolt on two magazines, but did fire 30rnds without a hiccup other than the failure to feed on the first rnd 2x. I did change to Winchester X ammo from a 100 rnd box, may be a factor, not sure. I think they have pretty sorted out my failures but I'm not 100% sure at this point.

Sounds like you may be on the right track with the ammo. I use nothing but CCI MiniMags and SV in my Ruger pistols. Most will run with SV and I'm not good enough of a shot to waste money on expensive target ammo. I reserve Federal ammo for my 10/22s which will shoot almost anything and it's really cheap.

Suggest you try some CCI MiniMags.

mcb66

Bearcat
I fired 50 through it last night with no issues. Mixed ammo, all lead. I believe they got it sorted out. Ruger customer service is hard to beat. This was a beat up old dog of a .22. They went above and beyond as far as I can tell.