ruger 22 wrangler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Bear Paw Jack said:
The two I picked up, I got from Sportsmans Warehouse. I believe they were $199.99 each plus tax. Sounds like it's a reasonable price. Sportsmans doesn't charge for a backround check. Far as I know, no one does. Anyway, the time to jump is when you find one.

The Commonwealth of Virginia charges $2 for a background check.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
jd_elam said:
Those are nice!

What is the one with the blue tape on the barrel?

Thank you!

That one is a .22 snubby I put together.

This rescue project started life as a '68 vintage Single Six with a 6 1/2" barrel that was badly pitted near the muzzle and was cut to 3 1/2" to make this shorty. Turned an additional 90 degrees, the barrel rollmark is now on the left side so it wasn't covered by the front sight. A NM single six ramp sight has been modified by lowering it to shoot to point of aim after dialing it in at the range. Overall it's only 8 1/2" long.

First it looked like this when completed:

orig.jpg

A USFA cammed slot ERH was fitted to allow for sufficient ejection rod travel by going around the cyl pin to eject cases, especially 22 mags. It also allows removal of the cylinder pin for cylinder changes in the field w/o removal of the ERH.

orig.jpg

This is it's final form:
orig.jpg

The grip frame is a steel short one from the NM 32 Mag single six "Baby" Vaquero for proportion with the short barrel and for easy packin'. The OM wide SBH trigger fills the wide slot in the NM grip frame. The new grip medallions were exchanged for the Old Model Blackhawk style.
A flat loading gate was used because they are cool.

orig.jpg