Did anybody here buy this KS4 “Star model” off Gunbroker?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I think this was a KS4 "Star" model.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/822858846

I was looking at it, and very close to hitting the "Buy it Now" button.

Hope someone here got it.

Looks like a good example of, "buy the gun, not the story." OR, it could be a great find. I'd like to hear a full report on it, if someone here snagged it.

chet15

Hawkeye
Hmmm... Surprised Hansen didn't have more on that one.
They are incorrect in the description of the box however. The KS4 label has simply fallen off the end.
Chet15

Wow---wish I would have seen it. I would not have hesitated on the buy now button. Think about it---this sold cheaper than you can buy a current stainless single six for. Also certainly far better quality 45 years ago. As a shooter or collectible, someone got a great buy. Just wish it would have been me. :(

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Maybe you won't feel so bad:
I don't think it's a KS4, just missing its mag cyl.

Its serial # 63-28029 is close but not in the correct # range of the ~900 made: 63-06987 to 10555 and 63-28046 to 63-30121. Unless there's new information that I don't have.

I can also tell you one thing for sure, it didn't go back for the safety retrofit to end up with that box as the description reads: "Quite likely the employee grabbed an old box or had it upgraded using a hammer block safety conversion."! ALL New Models have the transfer bar safety!

I agree with Chad, the label simply "fell off the end of the box" that would have noted the "Single Cylinder" and odd they did NOT show a picture of the bottom front with the "star" ( asterisk) AND the manual of the guns shipped with a 'Single Cylinder" also noted that on the top center section of the manual......hhhmmmm' I tend to agree with Hondo, it is a convertible missing one of the cylinders....had a lot of these over the years, nice gun, good balance, great shooters..........

larryofcc

Bearcat
I didn't see anything in the advertisement to lead me to believe that this revolver was a "Star" gun. I have an original 4 3/4" stainless "Star" # 63-08141 that I bought many years ago for $325 shipped. No box. I took the wood stocks off and replaced them with factory Lett stocks of faux Ivory. The sales lady told me that Lett was not doing anymore stocks for Ruger and these were the very last pair. This revolver is very accurate and I had a custom crossdraw holster made for it. I will die with this one. I have some 100 22's of all shapes and sizes and this one is my favorite. Big Larry
Sorry, no pics. Lost in files and cannot find them.