RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:57 pm 
Hunter

Yes, exactly. I've now put two coats on and discovered some of the scratches were deeper than I thought. Not a big deal or anything, probably be finished by the weekend.

"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 am 
Hunter

Finally got the rifle put back together and was able to put some rounds through it last night. Shoots dead on at 50 yards with 40 grain slugs. Just shooting Thunderduds right now so no groups worth boasting about. Hopefully I can try it with the Williams FP receiver sight this weekend.

"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB