Complete package for a Single Six Flatgate 22LR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Smoke Wagon

Bearcat
Sorry to bug you all again.

But, would appreciate a list of what a person could expect to find for a complete 1950's flat gate Single Six in 22 LR that is basically new or as new in box.

Below is a list of items I believe would be included -

Single Six flat gate revolver
Original box numbered to the revolver
Owners manual
Warranty
Not converted to 'new model' components
Shipper?
Other items from the factory?
Original factory grip options?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

hittman

Staff member
Many others here know more than me but ..... I'd guess they only had the black cheese grater grips and maybe had a "hang tag"?

chet15

Hawkeye
The hang tag and Anderol card WAS NOT with the earliest flatgates.
After about serial number 1000 you would have a discoloration notice, that lasted to at least #2000.
So, two-piece warranty card with string (don't remember if it should be 2c or 3c), non dated Single-Six instruction manual, grease paper, two piece black and red box without catalog numbers on the end and a brown bookwrap shipping sleeve taped up the middle of the top with wide brown tape, and with a single word "REVOLVER" stamped on one end and/or side.
Sometimes you'll also find the warranty card stamped with the same "REVOLVER" stamp.
There are some guys here who won the bid on a great collection of several 2 digit Single-Sixes a while back. Those should have everything you would be looking for, except since those were packaged a little later, they have a different sleeve stamp, RSS SINGLE-SIX REVOLVER in two lines I believe.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
As you can see,, by the info above,, you need to nail down WHEN your Flatgate was made & shipped to get the correct stuff.

chet15

Hawkeye
No flatgate came with a hang tag or anderol card. The anderol cards were first and they started being used in 1958/1959.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
I was thinking the late production, and some of the LWT Flatgates did have the Anderoil tag. My one & only boxed LWT,, I think has it. I could be wrong,,, faded memory AND not looking at it recently.