Book on the history of the Single Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
T.A. is right.
I had a serious brain fade. It's what I get for being on the phone & reading this Forum at the same time. Don's book is on the semi's,, NOT the Single-Six.

BUT,, another excellent book to study the Single-Six & other SA revolvers,, is the one by John Dougan,, "Pistols & Revolvers the Vintage Years 1949-1973."

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Contender you had me worried for a minute there,,,though I missed one :wink: :D

I think Chad is working on a couple of revolver books, but I could be wrong, :wink:

Terry

contender

Ruger Guru
Smoke Wagon,, I made an error due to NOT paying close enough attention to what I was typing & thinking & reading. All while I was talking to a friend on the phone. And Terry is right to call me on it!

Still,,, I don't think anyone has done a Single-Six specific book. There is a lot of variations, specials etc in just the OM's alone that it would be a pretty big undertaking to try & put together a quality detailed book. But the ones mentioned,, all offer pretty good info. The RENE Reference Guide is another EXCELLENT resource for research.

chet15

Hawkeye
The Single-Six book has been off for a while.
But there is anything you'd ever want for info in the Ruger Reference.
Chet15

Smoke Wagon

Bearcat
contender said:
Smoke Wagon,, I made an error due to NOT paying close enough attention to what I was typing & thinking & reading. All while I was talking to a friend on the phone. And Terry is right to call me on it!

Still,,, I don't think anyone has done a Single-Six specific book. There is a lot of variations, specials etc in just the OM's alone that it would be a pretty big undertaking to try & put together a quality detailed book. But the ones mentioned,, all offer pretty good info. The RENE Reference Guide is another EXCELLENT resource for research.

Completely understand contender. I appreciate your response. Lots of good information. Will check out the RENE Guide.