22plinkster--Golf Ball Challenge--How good of a shot are you

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I have been shooting golf balls for years. It is a lot of fun.
I don't have the fancy guns he has.
The pistol I use is a Ruger MKII with the 10 inch barrel and I can hit golf balls at 25 yards almost constantly , but I have been shooting that gun for over 30 years.
The rifle challenge would be much more difficult for me. I have shot at golf balls that far before and it is a challenge.

One thing I can tell you is that when you hit a golf ball dead center with a .45 it will knock it into the next county.

grobin

Blackhawk
I'd forgotten how much fun golf balls are (assuming a cheap source)! Back in the last century a friend's house backed up to a golf course near a water hazzard. We'd go over at night and steal balls out of the water hazzard. One weekend we got nearly 700! Now they are plain too expensive to shoot-at $8-10/doz. (Well $3-5 used if you have a source.)

I'll need a higher X scope on my 22 before I attempt those 100 yard balls. The red dot on the 22/45 should work OK. What I didn't note was if a rest is allowed for the pistol shots.

hpman66

Hunter
Mobuck said:
I'll need a higher X scope on my 22 before I attempt those 100 yard balls. The red dot on the 22/45 should work OK. What I didn't note was if a rest is allowed for the pistol shots.

What You'll Need(bold letters my emphasis)
Just grab your favorite .22 rifle or pistol and head out to your local range. You can also use any kind of optic and any type of shooting rest, we prefer Caldwell and Crimson Trace of course!

You'll also need NINE golf balls, though you will want to check and make sure your range allows golf balls to be shot. If not, download our handy RANGE KIT that includes everything you'll need - targets, scorecard and more below!

I was talking to Tom about this and commented I might need to change my optic to handle the 100 yard balls. He gave me a little smirk and said "You realize you don't get extra points if you shoot the 100 yards balls with your pistol?".
OK so I doubt I COULD hit golf balls at that range but it would make for bragging rights IF I did on video.

Latest posts