Came across this today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
As a fan of Ruger's Ranch line-up, I like this (I'd like it even better with their 9-round magazine):

https://ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/specSheets/8377.html

Also available in .22LR (#8376) - Found the .17 on-line for ~ $325 delivered (may have to get one).

8377.jpg

9x19

Hunter
Trigger is adjustable, and trigger spring is easy to get to (trim/replace) if you need a lighter range of adjustment.

I have it set at just under 3.5 pounds.

gunzo

Buckeye
Anxious to hear how this shoots. I've got a predator in LR that surprised the heck out of me with accuracy above it's price range.

BTW, wonderful &/or scary things can be done with the triggers on these. Watch a few videos before trying some of the suggestions.

Except for color, I have two of these (22lr & 17 HMR). Both are designated suppressor hosts. The 17 has been problematic all it's life due to weak extraction issues. It's most accurate with ammo that won't extract and marginally accurate with ammo that is functional so I've made a compromise of accuracy for functionality. This limits it's effective range to 150 +/- yards on most varmints (about 2x the 22lr).
The 22lr version had some "teething problems" that required several hundred rounds and various types of ammo to resolve. It's past that now and with proper ammo is both extremely quiet and suitably accurate for the capability of the cartridge.
I was trying to relieve some "pre-surgery tension" a few days back while Son was doing something or other approx 100' behind my firing point. He realized I was shooting when he walked over to investigate the metallic "smack" of the 22 bullets hitting the 60 yard swingers. He hadn't heard the muzzle report from 100' but heard the bullet's impact at almost 3x that distance.
Overall, these are OK rifles that could be made better with machined extractors vs the little spring metal hooks.

9x19

Hunter
The 16" barrel grabbed me with this one. I know 2" isn't a lot but once I put the YHM Stinger on the end, it does make a difference in swing for me.

Mine does well with Aguila Sub-Sonic 40 grainers and maybe just a bit better with RWS sub-sonic 40 gr HP. The CCI sub-sonic 40 gr HP is no slouch for accuracy and has good terminal performance.
For open muzzle shooting, I found the Federal AutoMatch does very well.

9x19

Hunter
I had it at the range this morning, along with the Alexander Arms I got from another member here.

Happy to report the Ruger .17 is accurate and the trigger responded very nicely to a wee bit of tuning. I put a Redfield Revolution 2x-7x 33mm on it for the testing, and think it will just stay on there.

CURdRtp.jpg

The Alexander Arms AR-17 functioned perfectly and showed near excellent accuracy, hampered only by the (operator and) heavier trigger. I already 'fixed' the other things I didn't care for with stuff from the spare parts box ~ will have to order a better trigger. It currently has a Bushnell Trophy 2x-7x 36mm.

AsNdZ8k.jpg