Which 22 to get.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pauerpilot

Single-Sixer
So here is the situation, my Ruger PC4 carbine broke. Trigger disconnector pin broke. No replacements. Sent it in to Ruger. Ruger cannot fix it. No surprise there. Ruger offers to replace rifle with another Ruger product.

Here is my dilemma; what to choose? I am offered a reduce price on another product. I know that I do NOT want the new PCC in 40 SW. I made a 40 SW AR pistol that uses Glock mags.

My choices have settled on a 22 pistol. I have Sparrow that does not have a pistol to attach to. I have determined that I will get the most use out of a 22 pistol than any other offerings.

I have not tried the Mark IV pistols. I do have a Mark II bull barrel and love it.

Please let me know if anyone has and pros or cons on the following pistols;

Mark IV Tactical
22/45 Tactical
22/45 Lite

Primary use will be shooting pests suppressed and plinking. I will carry the pistol a bit when out and about in the woods.

Discuss....................

My personal preference is the 22/45. I have one that is similar to the "tactical"(I think). Mine has a 4" heavy barrel with standard muzzle threads and sights. It's a star performer after some early issues that were solved by a several hundred round break-in period. Son has a similar pistol in the LITE configuration which is OK suppressed but too light for my use w/o the device.
I see no need for the MK4 since even shooting suppressed, the pistols just don't require frequent breakdown for cleaning.

grobin

Blackhawk
I have the 22/45 and after a little trigger work it's great. I have a Mark II and overall it and the mark IV are smoother but lack the threaded barrel.

gunzo

Hunter
Off topic I know, but Ruger must be really hamstrung as far as parts or they want that gun off the market.

Searches reveal that the pin in question, as well as the rest of them in the assembly are a simple round pin. A few companies actually producing kits of 5 pins that replace the lot & are claimed to superior to the originals, (don't they all say that)?. Individual pins seen to be available as well from the aftermarket, a few that look like split pins that are available at the local hardware store.

Strange, scrapping a gun over a small pin.

But OTOH, the 22/45 lights are cool, enjoy.

old 41

Bearcat
Cerakote is available in many colors, what's going to happen if Ruger offers several more colors?
Red, white and blue or perhaps green?

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd get my PC4 back from them,, and let a gunsmith fix the broken pin. The PC4 is worth more than any of the pistols you mentioned.

Contender's correct if that's an option. PC(anything) is worth more than street price of common Ruger 22 pistols. I wouldn't trade my pristine PC9 for two 22 pistols simply because the older PC9 is now "unobtainium" at a reasonable price.

Latest posts