old style 9 round mags?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Merle1948

Buckeye
Greetings,

I have made several "search" attempts, but it seems I worded them poorly as I got no results. Now I get the message that I can't use the search function, so here goes.

I seem to recall that the MK 2 mags can be used in place of the original 9 rnd mags, by switching the button.

Do I have this right, or is it wishful thinking?

TIA :?

yessir, you can use a MK II mag in place of the older MK I mags, just have the button on the proper side of the magazine, early A54 , single slots versus the later A_100 double slotted mags, they reversed the button...the MK II mags can be made to work in either of the older frames.....they also hold ONE MORE round, BUT NO they will not "hold open" the bolt on the last shot :roll: :wink:

yes, if you look around , you can find the older, original chrome plated metal bottom mags, they are out there, and can be pricey $35-40........ 8)

Merle1948

Buckeye
rugerguy said:
yessir, you can use a MK II mag in place of the older MK I mags, just have the button on the proper side of the magazine, early A54 , single slots versus the later A_100 double slotted mags, they reversed the button...the MK II mags can be made to work in either of the older frames.....they also hold ONE MORE round, BUT NO they will not "hold open" the bolt on the last shot :roll: :wink:

yes, if you look around , you can find the older, original chrome plated metal bottom mags, they are out there, and can be pricey $35-40........ 8)

OK, thank you! :)