Last avg. retail 10-22 mag price

Help Support Ruger Forum:

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Hipshot, I was in Gary's Guns in Sioux Falls, SD on Wednesday and they had them for $19.99
k2nd

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
Thanks for your response but I was referring to the Ruger 10-22 rifle chambered in .22 magnum. Someone here must have purchased one back when they were in production prior to when they were discontinued in or around 2006. If so, I was wondering what they paid for it back then in the real world retail price. The reason I ask is because I may be able to purchase a new-in-the-box never fired 10-22 mag and I want to offer the owner a fair price. I do know the present day approximate collector value and have no desire to low ball the present owner. I want to pay what is fair to both of us.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Hipshot said:
What was the real world (not msrp) average RETAIL price for a 10-22 magnum when they were last produced?

Not sure what youre after - there is only one "retail" price, that is set as MSRP by the factory. Distributors agree to that MSRP, and offer discounts to value-added retailers.
I recall 2005-6 retail pricing for the dual-extractor model to be around $697 in one big box store. I paid $559-ish with sale pricing when they started to collect dust.

Too bad that SR never perfected these rifles, they would have made a great model in a refined offering.