Ruger stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Allen in MT

Bearcat
Have a Ruger 96 22 mag missing the barrel band and they are no longer available. 10-22 bands do not fit.
My question is has anybody cut the tip off where the band comes off and re-shaped it. If you have could you share a picture of it
thanks

I don't think I would alter the stock.

With my luck a barrel band would turn up just as soon as I modified the stock. And I think the barrel band actually serves a purpose. Maybe you could fabricate a functional, if not very attractive barrel band to use to get the gun shooting until the real thing turns up.

A smart person with a 3-D printer could possibly produce a copy of a correct barrel band for you.

Can a barrel band from a 10-22 be modified to fit? Or are there any historic military arms that would have one to be modified?

I don't think I would cut the stock either. Some advice I read hear a while ago was to modify the cheapest part first. That advice has saved me many times over in both time and money.

I have experience with a 3D printer. It would be a very simple part to print. I don't have a 3D printer at the moment, otherwise I'd give it s shot.