Some Clean Mark II pistols.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yes! I am a winner today! Last weekend I cleaned about 6 guns, mostly revolvers and my Browning Buckmark. That one has been a while since I took it apart. I'd forgotten about the pieces falling off when you remove the grips. The little tab that keeps the magazine dis-connector in place as well as the bolt stop level.

But today I tackled my two Mark II's. I knew they both needed to be disassembled and cleaned. They were starting to jam. Usually I clean them without taking them apart. But today I had the time. So I printed off the directions and the first one gave me a little trouble. But only because I didn't read the whole manual first. I was stopping just before the final step.

The second Mark II went together without any problems whatsoever. This was the first time I'd acutally taken this one apart. It just hasn't been shot that much. It's got some really sharp edges.

But they are clean! If I can take apart a Mark II and get it back together, anyone can.

But given my choice between a new Mark IV and a new Buckmark? I'd take the Mark IV any day.

I will sleep well tonight. Tomorrow they will get dirty again. :(

And just an additional note: the older Mark II, I bought it new in December 1997 for my wife for a Christmas present. It was my only gun for many years and has well over 50,000 rounds through it. Remember when Federal bulk ammo was $4 a box at Wal Mart? It has the two piece bolt and the original extractor.

I shot it on Monday and its accuracy can still hold its own with my Smith and Wesson Model 41.