22/77 Barrel on a 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Some years ago a distributor sold a clean (no sights), 20" medium-weight barrel Deluxe 10/22 which prompted me to purchase one near-retail. it was a good combination, and a unique, very accurate factory gun 'worthy of the woods'. Lipsey's later sold a similar config. with a better-grade stock...

- I recall someone here making a spacer/ring to be able to mount a clean 77/22 barrel to a 10-22 receiver... a great idea and I want a couple!

Anyone with me? Anyone remember or recommend a maker?

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I recall talk of them a long time ago but cannot remember any of the details. Might be a good one to ask over on RF Central.

TBear77

Single-Sixer
Yes, I do remember, that was me! I made a prototype, but decided it wasn't cost effective. The prototype was then offered up here on the Forum as a Karma.

If you want to make one for yourself, it's fairly easy:
Measure the shank of both barrels to get the thickness of the spacers (the prototype used 2 washers).
Turn the spacer/washers to fit on the 77/22 barrel.
You may have to file a slight 45-degree angle on the back edge of the 10/22 v-block so it will clear the 77/22 barrel notch.
Touch-up finish and install.

Ted

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The one I found from this forum was brass. I may have to reverse-engineer it but that means disassembly of a sub-2 moa squirrel rifle!