Mark III Hunter sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loiblb

Single-Sixer
My Mark II outshoots my Mark III Hunter hands down. I find the rear V notch a problem and not liking the front FO sight.
Where can I get as set that's like the Mark II to fit my Mark III?
Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd try Ruger first. I think they easily interchange. I know the rear blades do,, and the front fiber optic is screwed on.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I DO like the front FO, but I agree about not liking the rear sight. I called Ruger and they sent me a replacement real sight at no charge. Now my Mark 2 3 and 4 all have the same rear sight.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
This Ruger Mark III 4 ½ inch Hunter model arrived with a fiber optic front sight. Didn't work so well under low-light conditions. This one does much better:
cqV4KMSl.jpg

Mounted, using this style screw, the front sight has never worked or vibrated loose:
gk5cEgcl.jpg

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I must be the only one that likes those Hunter style sights. I love the rear V-Notch rear and the fiber optic front sight. In fact I love them so much that I have replaced all other sights with those exact same sights. My Mark III Competition, Mark IV Hunter, GP100 6", Single Six Hunter, they all have them now. I have always been one of the guy's that's a little off I guess :)

contender

Ruger Guru
You are not the only one. Many folks like that set-up. However,, even in this limited posting here,, it's obvious that there is NOT a single "best" type of sight set for everyone. Just like grips,, a set of sights is perceived differently by different folks. And often the type of target used as well.

That's why there are different sights available,, to give us choices that fit our individual needs.