77/17 HMR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

conrad

Bearcat
I've been looking for a bolt action .17HMR for a while now and have been looking at the American Rimfire Standard. I have a 77/22 from many years ago and had wished I had bought one in .17 HMR when they were available. I was all set to put money down on the American until I happened to stop in LL Bean in Freeport ME on vacation this past weekend. While looking at the American in .17 HMR the salesman tells me they have a 77/17 NIB on clearance. Fortunately I was still able to purchase and transport it back to CT same day so 30 minutes later I walked out with it for $699.99. I knew if I didn't purchase it then, I would regret it later. Now to find some optics.

NIB 77/17 for $700?
Probably about as good a price as you could find?
I bought 2(one NIB and one LNIB) around 15 years ago and gave one to Tom. Even back then, the availability was low and the price was high.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a 77/17 that I got about a year after introduction. Wood & blued. It rides in my truck all the time & has accounted for a LOT of critters. Groundhogs seem to be the most often target,, but it's only because I see them more often!