RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:29 am 
Buckeye

Well I was trying to keep a open mind with this Wrangler thing and about a week ago I finally got to handle one. After about 60 seconds of the dry heaves I managed to get the salesman close enough to take it out of my hand. I here by call for the immediate resignation of all Ruger employees who had anything to do with this contraption coming to market.
Back in WWII the US made a gun called the Liberator it was to be packaged with 7 rounds of 45 ACP ammo and meant to be air dropped to under ground forces overseas. After the 7 shots were gone the gun was meant to be disposed of. In testing the gun began to fall apart after 50 rounds. Just saying!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:20 am 
Buckeye

REP1954 wrote:
Well I was trying to keep a open mind with this Wrangler thing and about a week ago I finally got to handle one. After about 60 seconds of the dry heaves I managed to get the salesman close enough to take it out of my hand. I here by call for the immediate resignation of all Ruger employees who had anything to do with this contraption coming to market.
Back in WWII the US made a gun called the Liberator it was to be packaged with 7 rounds of 45 ACP ammo and meant to be air dropped to under ground forces overseas. After the 7 shots were gone the gun was meant to be disposed of. In testing the gun began to fall apart after 50 rounds. Just saying!

Clearly your mind wasn’t very open...have never shot one, have no idea about longevity or build quality but...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And those Liberators bring lots of cash these days...we should hope the same for the Wranglers...just saying!

GONH Life Member
RENE Member
ROCS Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:32 am 
Buckeye

“Clearly your mind wasn’t very open...have never shot one, have no idea about longevity or build quality but...”

I do not need to shoot a gun that takes 2 thumbs to cock and a trigger held to the second joint to fire.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:27 pm 
Blackhawk

EDITED

I’m 67, have arthritis in my fingers, and have an 8.5 diopter lense with bifocal in my glasses for my “good eye”. I wouldn’t have a Wrangler either. That’s why I have THREE! They are not junk and actually shoot better than 2 newer Single Sixes that I’ve had. The negative comments I read remind me of the remarks made putting down Glocks when they were first imported.
Best Regards,
ADP3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:06 pm 
Hawkeye

Let's keep it civil, guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:30 pm 
Buckeye

Ale-8(1) wrote:
Let's keep it civil, guys.

Okay but somehow I feel like Patrick Swayze just shot my trigger finger off.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:22 pm 
Hunter

Did not know he was a shooter. You know he is dead, right? :D

Ok. I am out.

Louiethelump@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:56 pm 
Bearcat

BELIEVE NOT..........The keyboard commandos........These things are flying off the shelves. As Soon as I can find one I'm gonna buy it and play with it..........I have LOTS of Rugers including Single Sixes. The Wrangler was never intended to be a SS. But a low cost entry for shooters......And to clean Heritage's clock......I saw heritages at a big GS today for $99.00 so they are feeling the pain. The Wrangler is a much better finished pistola.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:57 pm 
Bearcat

ADP3 wrote:
EDITED

I’m 67, have arthritis in my fingers, and have an 8.5 diopter lense with bifocal in my glasses for my “good eye”. I wouldn’t have a Wrangler either. That’s why I have THREE! They are not junk and actually shoot better than 2 newer Single Sixes that I’ve had. The negative comments I read remind me of the remarks made putting down Glocks when they were first imported.
Best Regards,
ADP3

X2.......You GO guy!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:47 pm 
Blackhawk

I had a stainless single six, had to sell it a couple years ago for financial reasons. Yes, i truly regretted it, but "life" happens. I'm semi-retired now, no way to afford another one. However, i might see my way to get a Wrangler to get back into the Ruger stable. Most reviews i have seen have been extremely positive. I have seen pictures of them swapped out with different color components from other Wranglers, and also with different aftermarket grips. Aftermarket grips that fit the single six will fit the Wrangler. I think those facts are really, really, big deals. I also think this is one of the neatest guns to come out in a very long time. Ruger is selling them like crazy, and i am certain they will continue to do so!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:51 pm 
Blackhawk

Good post BDM1, I certainly agree with you. "Neatest guns" +++

Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:41 am 
Buckeye

Shorty Jenkins wrote:
Good post BDM1, I certainly agree with you. "Neatest guns" +++

Shorty

The wrangler is really a good gun for the $$. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:20 pm 
Blackhawk

I now have 3 and am waiting on no.4. That will make a pair of silver/black and a pair of bronze.
57springer, you too are right ~ super little gun for the $$. I may have to have a pair of black
ones later on. I own several single sixes and bearcats and I'm proud to add these to my Ruger
stable of single actions.

Just sayin'
Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am 
Single-Sixer

Still waitin'............

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:14 pm 
Buckeye

Got a silver one at Rural King today,only one they had in stock. First one they could even get.
$184 plus tax.
Nice looking little 22

Daniel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next