New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wrangler is a name used by Ruger for a patent and/or trademark registration.

We know nothing more, other than it may be associated with a Single Six variation.

Remember a couple years ago, Ruger registered a number of patents and/or trademarks, again using the name Security. We know now it became the Security 9. At the time, we knew nothing more, and speculated what the new Security-whatever might be. They are close lipped, preventing any public information until the actual announcement of new releases.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I think you'll find wrangler is registered as a trademark with Jeep. Jeep has been using it a long time. Bob!

s4s4u

Hunter
Enigma said:
I read elsewhere that it's supposedly a budget version of the Single Six. Guess they're trying to compete with Heritage Arms now.

Compete with Heritage? Now that's a good one. I can't see Ruger sinking to that level ;-)

chet15

Hawkeye
Yep... Ruger Wrangler Single-Action.
Based on the Vaquero style Single-Six with an aluminum cylinder frame. looks like .22 RF only.
Models 2002 Black Cerakote
2003 Silver cerakote
and 2004 gold cerakote.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED!!! This is an entirely wrong direction for Ruger I.M.O.!!
Let Heritage have their cheap revolver that won't work after a while!! Ruger SA's have always been quality manufacturing, solid and in their own words "Rugged, Reliable Ruger".
I hope I am wrong on this one.

It is interesting that Ruger would abandon the trademark "Single-Six Wrangler" and just go with the "Wrangler" trademark. Maybe it was a technicality over using the word Single-Six with that, but you would think there would be more corporations that would have an issue with the name Wrangler.

Also, I see the possibility of Ruger going to a 22- prefix serial number on these. Since the model numbers are 2002, 2003 and 2004 and the 20- and 21- prefix have been used.
Chet15

gunman42782

Hunter
chet15 said:
Yep... Ruger Wrangler Single-Action.
Based on the Vaquero style Single-Six with an aluminum cylinder frame. looks like .22 RF only.
Models 2002 Black Cerakote
2003 Silver cerakote
and 2004 gold cerakote.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED!!! This is an entirely wrong direction for Ruger I.M.O.!!
Let Heritage have their cheap revolver that won't work after a while!! Ruger SA's have always been quality manufacturing, solid and in their own words "Rugged, Reliable Ruger".
I hope I am wrong on this one.

Chet15
I agree completely. Bill is rolling over in his grave!