problem with flat gate single-six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rich e

Single-Sixer
Been having a problem with the Transfer bar coming off after several shots, Its a problem that came with the gun when I bought it. Any ideas how to fix it, do you think Ruger would repair it if I called them? thanks for looking, rich e

rich e said:
Been having a problem with the Transfer bar coming off after several shots, Its a problem that came with the gun when I bought it. Any ideas how to fix it, do you think Ruger would repair it if I called them? thanks for looking, rich e
Since it has the transfer bar installed I would give them a call and see what they say. All it would take is a few minutes.

hittman

Staff member
They'd fix it but not un-convert it I think.
Somebody should be along shortly with technical support.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd call Ruger. If that gun has had the transfer bar installed,, then Ruger did it. As such,, something is wrong. They'll likely send you a pre-paid shipper for it's return.

rich e

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys for the advise, I did send it back to Ruger. They took care of having it picked up at my home, and letting me know when it arrived. Yesterday a young lady named Jan called and said that they couldn't repair it. She then asked me if I would like a blued or stainless 5" Single six at no charge. Of course I went for the stainless, now thats what I call costumer service. All I needed to do was give her my dealers address and they would get it shipped there in a couple of weeks. NO CHARGE!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
rich e said:
Thanks guys for the advise, I did send it back to Ruger. They took care of having it picked up at my home, and letting me know when it arrived. Yesterday a young lady named Jan called and said that they couldn't repair it. She then asked me if I would like a blued or stainless 5" Single six at no charge. Of course I went for the stainless, now thats what I call costumer service. All I needed to do was give her my dealers address and they would get it shipped there in a couple of weeks. NO CHARGE!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
\

Yesterday a young lady named Jan called and said that they couldn't repair it.

I find that hard to believe !!

contender

Ruger Guru
While getting a new gun to you may be just fine,, an OM Flatgate,, even if converted would have been shipped back to me. I would have a local gunsmith fix it if I couldn't. There is NOT much to working on those guns.

hittman

Staff member
To each their own but ..... I'd rather get my flatgate back BROKEN than have a new Ruger of any kind. I wonder if "can't fix" is only because they don't have whatever part it needs due to the guns age.

These parts are plentiful and generally pretty cheap ..... especially if you put a WTB ad in the Classified section here.

If you've already made the trade .... can you buy the broken flatgate from them??

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
To each their own but ..... I'd rather get my flatgate back BROKEN than have a new Ruger of any kind. I wonder if "can't fix" is only because they don't have whatever part it needs due to the guns age.

These parts are plentiful and generally pretty cheap ..... especially if you put a WTB ad in the Classified section here.

If you've already made the trade .... can you buy the broken flatgate from them??

Some Ruger collector at Ruger probably already has it,not at Ruger but I know of a similar situation a few years back where that actually happened !! :roll:

Also,if that gun is as nice as the picture shows,I'd never would have let it go !

This is becoming more common all the time. I am now aware of several instances within the last couple of years. One was a LNIB Old Model .357/9mm convertible, and they had the gall to demand the guy return the extra cylinder as well. He accepted a new version as a replacement, having no other choice and not wishing to go the lawyer route. This may be the one Heavy Barrel is referring to.

I now never recommend sending an Old Model back for anything . . . unless it's a total piece of junk, and even then there are folks who would buy such a piece for the parts or a custom re-build. "Customer service" my patoot!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Latest posts