22 Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Teacher649

Bearcat
I have the pistol that I learned to shoot when I was 9 years old. My Dad passed it on to me when he left this earth. I'm 70 years old and I'm just wondering what this pistol could be worth.
All it says on the side is "Ruger .22 caliber Single Six"
Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
Pictures also help.
The more details we have, the better we can help. The serial number is the best starting place.
As noted,, you can post it as 123xx.

Teacher649

Bearcat
Well, it's not a flatgate. It's rounded. He bought it new, and I remember shooting it by the Lake Hefner damn In Oklahoma City. I believe it was 1956 or 1957. It was pretty dang thrilling shooting that cowboy gun at the tender age of 8 or 9 years old.

Teacher649 said:
Well, it's not a flatgate. It's rounded. He bought it new, and I remember shooting it by the Lake Hefner damn In Oklahoma City. I believe it was 1956 or 1957. It was pretty dang thrilling shooting that cowboy gun at the tender age of 8 or 9 years old.

IF it "should" be a flatgate, based on date of manufacture, consider the possibility that it could be equipped with an aftermarket loading gate from the Premier Weapons Co.

See this thread (among others) for info, including pics showing Premier vs. Ruger loading gates:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=50107

Uncle Howie said:
Teacher649 said:

IF it "should" be a flatgate, based on date of manufacture, consider the possibility that it could be equipped with an aftermarket loading gate from the Premier Weapons Co.

See this thread (among others) for info, including pics showing Premier vs. Ruger loading gates:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=50107

With that serial number it should be a Type 3 Flatgate. It could either have had a later factory roundgate or the Premier gate mentioned retrofitted at some later date.
:wink:

Teacher649

Bearcat
Well, I guess my Dad had it fitted with the roundgate. That's the only way I remember it. But, I can't hardly remember what happened yesterday!

Thanks for your information fellas