New ruger Sr 22 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

btmonnat

Single-Sixer
Just bought my wife a new Ruger SR 22 w/4.5" barrel. Don't really like the sights. Thought i read somewhere that someone put a fiber optic on front and turned back blade around to use black side of back blade and it worked for them. Anyone have any experience changing out to a fiber optic of some kind?

btmonnat

Single-Sixer
Looked at those but reviews on installation are very bad. Considering buying the hi viz red, white and orange interchangeable front sight only. Anyone tried this on a Sr 22?

btmonnat

Single-Sixer
Put that on my buckmark and what an improvement in my shooting but trying to train the wife with open sights with sr22 so she can use her 9mm for home defense with open sights. Also considering the crimson trace rail laser that should really help with quick target acquisition

Shutterbug

Bearcat
Carrij said:
In for a dime, in for a dollar. This solved all my problems with sights on my SR22.

Where did you get the mount? I have a Burris Fast Fire 3 in the safe I could put on my SR22.

Carrij

Bearcat
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=275802

This post on page 2 of this section has what you're looking for. It hasn't moved since I added the shim and it's still rock solid and on target. Wife and I love shooting it. A friend of mine that has a SR22 could not believe how much better it was than his iron sights.