Thinking about buying a used Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

djturnz

Bearcat
I've wanted an inexpensive 22 single action for quite a few years. The Heritage Rough Rider was mostly on my mind. Not the best buy any stretch, but has a good following and would probably fit my needs.

That being just plinking at the range. Teaching the kids.

I stopped at a small shop that had a few. Ranging from $130 to $180.

Then he showed me a new model single six. 5 inch barrel. With a mount for a red dot (and the original sights in a bag).
Also has the magnum cylinder.

It's worn as far as bluing.

$250.

It's more than I was looking to spend, but it seems like a good deal.

grobin

Blackhawk
That"s good around here without the mount. Assuming no undue wear it's not a bad deal. Defenitely better than what you we looking at.

djturnz

Bearcat
I'm kicking myself that I didn't just buy it. I told myself I needed to think about it. It's twice what I intended to spend, but it's less than I've ever seen them go for.

Hopefully it's still there tomorrow.

I have a couple of the Heritage .22s. I keep them in my ranch trucks loaded with .22 mag rat shot, for rattlers.

The Single Six is easily worth the extra hundred bucks. Your grandchildren will be able to enjoy using it.

gunzo

Buckeye
Good luck on it still being there. Don't hesitate, Single Sixes are tough & hard to hurt.

I can't touch one for $250 around here, too many folks know a good tool when they see it & they get snatched up.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Have seen it time after time. People will see a gun come to the forums and ask about the price. When they go back the gun is bought and gone long before they get back.
Good luck on the Single Six, it will make a much better plinking training tool for the kids and you.

djturnz

Bearcat
I bought it. $270 out the door.

The scope mount screws into the rear sight hole, and has a bracket that wraps around the barrel.

Rear sight and magnum cylinder, plus an extra front sight.

I even had the guy pull the grips so I could see if the springs had been messed with. All looked good.

contender

Ruger Guru
KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will never regret the price difference in that Ruger over a Heritage. The Ruger has a long & solid reputation, and will outlive you if cared for.

I teach a lot. NOTHING is more frustrating to a new shooter as guns that do not work. Your kids will not have any issues with that Ruger,, whereas I have seen too many issues with a Heritage.

Now, go to wally world,,, buy some bulk Federal ammo (500 rounds I think for about $20,) and go have FUN!!!!!!!!!!

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
djturnz said:
I bought it. $270 out the door.

The scope mount screws into the rear sight hole, and has a bracket that wraps around the barrel.

Rear sight and magnum cylinder, plus an extra front sight.

I even had the guy pull the grips so I could see if the springs had been messed with. All looked good.

That's a great deal! If that scope mount is the old Weaver no drill mount it's a bit much for a red dot sight but absolutely perfect for a scope. I wish I could find one for my Single Six. I bought a Single Six at the Cabelas up in Hamburg for $250 and was happy, I'd be thrilled with the deal you got.

djturnz

Bearcat
So I put the rear sight on and realize that he had all the parts except the pin that goes through the frame and didn't.
I used a paper clip in the mean time.

Latest posts