Broke the trigger on my Old Model Super Bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
Got my 1973 unconverted Super Bearcat out of the safe today to take with me plinking, and out of habit I automatically take it to half-cock and make sure it's unloaded.

Noticed right off the bat that something was wrong. The hammer felt... Spongy. Made sure there were no bullets and then cocked and lowered the hammer a few times. It wasn't catching at any of the notches.

Sat down at my bench and got my screwdriver set out. As soon as I took the grips off, out fell a very small piece of metal. I figured it was the sear area of the trigger and two more screws confirmed. After 46 years and hundreds upon hindreds of rounds, the old girl just gave up the ghost. Now of to find a replacement.

fas111

Bearcat
That also happened to me but it was my MK1 Bull Bbl. I called Ruger to inquire about purchasing a trigger. The nice lady said she did not think they had any but she suggested I send the gun in. She sold me a UPS label for $15 which covered to and from. About a week after sending it off I got a call from a real nice gentlemen. He said he was sorry but they had no new triggers, he wanted to know if I would like them to install a used one. Not a problem says I. He then said because they could not provide a new part he would like to refinish the gun at no charge. Got it back about a week later and it looked just as good as the day I took it home in 1971. Give Ruger a call bet you will not be disappointed-they are a class act.