Beyer 17 Mach 2 conversion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My LGS has a 10/22 Sporter that has a "Beyer 17 MACH 2 conversion kit". Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of this conversion. I have been thinking of getting an HM2 now that ammo is more available.
Thanks in advance for any info.

I have no idea about this particular kit.
About 12-15 years back, I put a Green Mountain 17 HM2 on a 10-22. I added a heavy bolt knob and a good polymer buffer pin and got along fine.

Thanks. I remember EABCO having a kit as well as Volquartsen. I forgot about Green Mountain. I see a few things an barrels from Beyer, but haven't found anything on the Mach 2 conversion. I won't be able to look at it for a couple of weeks, so hoping to find out more.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Rumrunner said:
Thanks. I remember EABCO having a kit as well as Volquartsen. I forgot about Green Mountain. I see a few things an barrels from Beyer, but haven't found anything on the Mach 2 conversion. I won't be able to look at it for a couple of weeks, so hoping to find out more.

Rumrunner,
I believe E.A. Brown started the 17 MACH II conversions and others followed. I have built several MACH II rifles with his barrels and Green Mountain's and all were accurate after a little tweaking. The Beyer barrel I have no experience with. One other bonus for the .17 MACH II is it also shoots the 20 grain .17 Augila just as accurately.

Here is a build I finished a month ago, using a very scarce E.A. Brown Match barrel that I had been hoarding.

wf4DJKbh.jpg

Best,
Terry

FWIW
I really liked the Green Mountain barrel profile and weight. Bigger diameter than a standard 10-22 by a smidge and required a tiny bit of fore end fitting.

32shooter

Blackhawk
Nice rifle Terry. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? I always did like the little Mach2 round, but never had one in a semi-auto. Down to a Sako Quad and a Browning BL-17, had a Cooper at one time. Thinking I might get rid of the Browning too.
Here is a little info on Beyer barrels.https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322693

Latest posts