Your Thoughts on Ruger Single Six SS Bisley 22lr SKU#00680

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Hey! About the New Ruger Single Six Bisley Stainless Steel 22lr
SKU#00680. Please tell me your Thoughts and any Experiences.

A Local Gun Shop has the New Ruger SS Bisley SS 22lr New in
the Box. It appears in everyway build very nice like the Single Six
should. Trigger nice, Cylinder Lock Up nice, Cylinder Engraved
Scroll design, overall Finishing and mating surfaces very good,
Wood Grips nice, and 6-1/2 inch Barrel.

Priced at $579.00 plus 6 percent tax.

Worth buying or not?

Rocdoc

Buckeye
There is a dlr on GB with a few of them at $448+no tax, variable shipping options. They are nice little revolvers

I love mine!

I purchased it here about a year and a half ago from RF user "acrlictnk." Mike is a great seller, and always takes care of us!

It's my first Bisley, and "the jury is still out" for me on the Bisley grip frame. I'll let you know my final decision in about twenty years... :p

It's the "tightest" Single-Six of the several that I own. I don't want to misuse proper terminology, but there is basically no play in the cylinder when the hammer is cocked and the cylinder is locked up. The barrel/cylinder gap appears minimal via eyeballing (I haven't measured it), yet there are no binding problems from fouling during long shooting sessions. Seems like the perfect compromise.

Basically, I'm extremely impressed with the example that I received. I'm very happy to report that news, in light of the fairly common concern that Ruger quality has slipped in recent years.

My ONLY complaint is that the grip frame has some sharp edges/corners, and the grips are undoubtedly THE WORST fit of any Ruger single action that I have ever owned. Still, I can live with that- I own files/emery paper, and I plan on having some Micarta grips made to fit my grip frame. :mrgreen:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Sugar River said:
Buds had them recently for $379.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=273560

Yep, they DID have a great deal on these, but no surprise show out of stock now :(