How are the Single-Tens?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
I remember being excited when they first came out but also remember some issues reported, How are they now? I'm thinking of buying one and wanted to know the latest from those that own and shoot them. Any reason to go Single-Six instead of Ten? Thanks all.

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
ChiefTJS said:
I remember being excited when they first came out but also remember some issues reported, How are they now? I'm thinking of buying one and wanted to know the latest from those that own and shoot them. Any reason to go Single-Six instead of Ten? Thanks all.

Impressed, with the only Single-Ten I have shot. 5-1/2" barrel, with fiberoptic sights. Sighted it in offhand and shot it to 40 yards, all chambers tracking on pretty small targets. Did not fire it @ 100 yards. My initial suspicion that the ten chamber revolver would flutter on accuracy was laid to rest in my limited shooting. The .22 Long Rifle continues as one of the great all-time cartridges, an impossible station to reach without accuracy.

My standard for .22 revolvers remains the vintage S&W K-22, a tough benchmark to challenge. I would really like to roll the two side-by-side, and perhaps one day I shall. Meanwhile, I am impressed by the 5-1/2 inch Single-Ten of my shooting.
David Bradshaw

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Thanks David! I have a 5.5" Single-Six that I love and want to add a 4-5/8" so considering a Single-Ten and wanted to be sure any bugs were worked out.

fal

Bearcat
My Lipsey's 5.5 blue Single Ten is has the tightest tolerences of any Ruger Revolver I have purchased recently. My .327 Blackhawk was also well done, cosmeticly, not so much mechanicaly.

grobin

Blackhawk
I recently got a single 10. The front fiber optic sight fell out and Ruger sent me a replacement. Easy fix and no other problems. Fit and Finnish are VG and I've put several hundred rounds through after, no problems. Fun to shoot would shoot more but for bad weather!

louiethelump

Buckeye
I bought one when they first came out in blue. I don't care for the bright sights so I put a set of standard sights on it.

No bugs to work out.

It is the best shooting "single six" (accuracy wise) I have ever had of the 50 or so I have owned over the years. It is he only revolver I have ever had that handles the 60 grain Aguila ammo without tumbling the bullets. I am guessing I just got a great barrel by chance, but that is just a guess. I highly suggest you get at least one. I prefer the blued version as it has an aluminum grip frame and is several ounces lighter than the stainless one that I bought first, and the weight changes the paintability of it and makes it more barrel heavy even though lighter than the stainless model. I generally buy stainless if I can as corrosion is an issue here in humid Florida.

Great gun. 100% reliable.

Bob

PS I don't monkey with my guns or change out the springs. I just shoot them.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Recently got a Single-Ten. Outstanding. The grips not so good (big hands) so I got a Hogue rubber grip, much better. I don't give a rat's posterior about looks. The cylinder has a couple of dimples (?), which could not be caused by the firing pin, so must be a manufacturing ID. Don't really care. Just made a holster for it. Also got a Burris Fastfire3 red dot sight for it, which makes aiming REALLY easy for old eyes. Can't wait to take it out for squirrel hunting. Accurate enough for head shots.

grobin

Blackhawk
I recently got a single ten and love it. Its a lot of fun to shoot and really accurate. I splurged and got a fancy ElPasso Sadlery holster and belt. Its quite a bit smaller than my Blackhawk 10mm. About the size of my old Blackhawk 9mm/357 convertable and fits the same holster.

woodsy

Blackhawk
To add to my first post:
In the short time I've had mine, I shot shorts, CB high velocity, CB subsonic, LR, and LR subsonic. ALL shot to POA, which kinda puzzles, but doesn't disappoint me. Perhaps it's just the short range (50 feet, squirrel-head range) I used.