Is this the correct manual for this OM convertible SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's odd. Dad bought it from a friend long ago. This guy was not a colllector etc and the rest looks so pristine. I doubt the original owner would have known where to even get a "wrong " manual and lose the "right" one.

well as we have all too often seen over the years, you can see, have a manual for the gun that just maybe of an earlier date, when they shipped it used up what they still had "on hand", it is when the date for any manual is LATER than when your gun was made, then it has to be wrong........
same with boxes, there is an old model 44 Super, that is an "S" gun and it was shipped LATER, in a new model box, with the shipper and everything , absolutely CORRECT........
as they say, never say never....some of the manuals you also have to look on the INSIDE pages for updates , and revisions........as well as overlaps or transitions........RUGER LORE... :wink:
also, MAYBE the guy had TWO guns around that time, and simply got the manuals switched :roll:

That being said, all in all, I'd go along with street, after all 4 years is a bit too long an overlap..... 8)

chet15

Hawkeye
golferboy426 said:
I' m taking pics for a gun I'm going to sell. SN is 401931. I have the shipper and box numbered to the gun. The manual is dated
" Revised 8/1/59" Is this the correct manual?

Look inside the manual...I bet you'll find another code date on the inside, something like 7/63 maybe? It might be on the back, don't remember now.
Those later code dates (on the inside) are actually pretty tough to come by.
The next printed date on the front of the Single-Six manual was March 1965 I believe, although there was one a touch earlier without a printed date on the front that was the first to show the new Super Single-Six components.
Chet15

rugerguy said:
well as we have all too often seen over the years, you can see, have a manual for the gun that just maybe of an earlier date, when they shipped it used up what they still had "on hand",
as they say, never say never....some of the manuals you also have to look on the INSIDE pages for updates , and revisions........as well as overlaps or transitions........RUGER LORE... :wink:

exactly what we said 8) :roll: :wink:

street

Hunter
golferboy426 said:
Chad is correct. the back page is printed with G-5M 7/63
With that date on the manual it should be good from July/63 to March/1965. As your gun looks as if it was made in 1964 that should be the correct paperwork for your gun. If it only had the 1959 date then it would not have been correct.