Ruger Standard - NRA model.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Laserlips

Bearcat
Help please.

I plan to sell my Ruger MKII pistol.

It is the NRA model, (red box/white grips) in excellent condition..

No clue how much it is worth..

Before I place an ad I'd like to have a clue what to ask for it.

I've forgotten how to post photos, sorry.

(Hey, I'm old, 76, cut me some slack.) :oops:

LOL

Thank you.

Last one we sold was for $350 , new in the case...AND it had a lower ,3 digit serial number........
as I recall the lower the number the higher the cost and more money went to the NRA as a result....
saw a used one last medina,OH., gun show and the guy was asking $325...not sure if he sold it or not and it was a 5 digit number as I recall.............
sooooo, the serial number may affect your selling outcome..........?? Good luck

Laserlips

Bearcat
rugerguy said:
Last one we sold was for $350 , new in the case...AND it had a lower ,3 digit serial number........
as I recall the lower the number the higher the cost and more money went to the NRA as a result....
saw a used one last medina,OH., gun show and the guy was asking $325...not sure if he sold it or not and it was a 5 digit number as I recall.............
sooooo, the serial number may affect your selling outcome..........?? Good luck

Thanks Dan,

That's the info I was looking for.

Best Wishes,

jesse

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I have seen them as low as $250.00. Most of them were kept unfired as a collectable. So no real rarity. But I would say $300 - $350. Of course low serial numbers a little more.

Laserlips

Bearcat
1gunsnotenough said:
I have seen them as low as $250.00. Most of them were kept unfired as a collectable. So no real rarity. But I would say $300 - $350. Of course low serial numbers a little more.

Thanks.... Chances are I'll just keep it. No fire sale necessary, and it's kinda neat.. I've loved these MKII's since I bought my first one (new) for $87.00 back in the 70's.

jesse

REP1954

Blackhawk
In my mind it's worth every bit as much as a MKIV model if it's in very good condition. Mine is a great gun and a excellent shooter.

Laserlips

Bearcat
REP1954 said:
In my mind it's worth every bit as much as a MKIV model if it's in very good condition. Mine is a great gun and a excellent shooter.

Well, I am prone to jump too quickly some times when a new firearm pops up I want, but usually I can take a nap and the overwhelming urge goes away..

I don't shoot the MK II, but, in NRA clothing, it's a purty little critter..

I'll hold on to it unless some NRA/Ruger fan comes along with three fifty he wants to exchange for it..

LOL

thanks!

jesse