Winchester 22 Sub and New Model Bearcat.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ajw65

Bearcat
I can not fit this round into the gun. This works great in my semi 22s. Has any one else had this problem?

We are a little short of information here.

The driving band on different bullets may impact the fouled portion of a chamber differently, and a longer driving band may prevent full chambering. A good scrubbing of the chambers could help this. A slightly larger OD of the driving band could also impact the fouled area of the chamber. Again, a good scrubbing could be the remedy. Has there been any shorts used in this revolver? That could shorten the fouled zone of the chambers. And again, the remedy is the same.

I don't know which cartridge you're using. Some outside lubricated bullets hang up in a tight chamber. You also didn't say, do other cartridges fit in these chambers?

Can you provide additional details?

ajw65

Bearcat
Sorry WAYNO for the lack of info. The bullet is 42 grains. The bullet goes in, but stops at the brass. The bullet does not have visible lube. The gun shoots the Win 555 box ammo great, Fed Auto also, All other ammo CCI, Fed, and Remington also. I was alittle upset as this ammo shoots great in all of my other 22s.

ajw65 said:
Sorry WAYNO for the lack of info. The bullet is 42 grains. The bullet goes in, but stops at the brass. The bullet does not have visible lube. The gun shoots the Win 555 box ammo great, Fed Auto also, All other ammo CCI, Fed, and Remington also. I was alittle upset as this ammo shoots great in all of my other 22s.

Without the gun and ammo in front of me for measurement, everything is speculation.

Could be the results of stacked tolerances...Tight but within spec chambers, with a larger OD but within spec cartridge could be the whole explanation.

ajw65

Bearcat
I will call Ruger after the first of the year. The round fits in my single six with ease. This round also fits both of my NAA mini lr cylinders.

Latest posts