10/22 bolt with the Ruger name on it

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ml1209

Single-Sixer
I just bought a used Ruger 10/22 from a pawn shop. Plain jane 10/22 with a synthetic stock. The serial numbers starts with a 0007- prefix and it has the spray-paint looking finish on the receiver. Anyway, the bolt has the Ruger name etched on it. Since I only owned older 10/22s I would like to know if Ruger put their name on the bolt of all their newer rifles, or is this a bolt from a special edition rifle. I'm just trying to determine if this is a franken-Ruger or did it come from the factory that way?

BTW I paid $150+tax for it, and it came with a Butler Creek steel lips 25-rd magazine, and sling (which I took off). The synthetic stock is different in that it had built-in loops for the sling attachments - is that a new thing also?

RSIno1

Hunter
Looks to be original. My wood stocked 50th aniv one has the 50 year logo etched on the bolt. Also found one on ebay that says Collector Series ad says it's original. Yes I know I've said I wouldn't buy any newer Ruger but the guy put 2 boxes of ammo through it and decided guns weren't for him so for $100 I took it off his hands. He had lost the original mag but included 5 Butler Creek ones 4 still wrapped up.

ml1209

Single-Sixer
The other thing is the synthetic stock had built-in sling loops that I hadn't seen before.

Here are close-up shots.

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I bought a stainless carbine a couple years ago that has a bolt and stock like that......

414065161.jpg

Latest posts