RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:51 pm 
Bearcat

Are all the Mk.III Standard pistol with tapered barrel drill and taped on the reciever for scope mounts..? It appears every one I have looked at are......... secondly..I noticed some have blued triggers and some are left in the white...... were there two production models or what???

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:32 pm 
Blackhawk

MIR wrote:
Are all the Mk.III Standard pistol with tapered barrel drill and taped on the reciever for scope mounts..? It appears every one I have looked at are......... secondly..I noticed some have blued triggers and some are left in the white...... were there two production models or what???

From what I understand, yes, all the Ruger Mark III pistols are D/T from the factory, and I believe an optics base was included with the pistols. Strange enough, the Ruger Mark IV pistols are drilled and tapped, but no optics base is included.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:53 pm 
Buckeye

As far as I know, if the frame is black or blue it has a silver trigger. If it has a stainless frame the trigger is black. Not sure if that applies to all the 22/45s. Have you seen a blue “standard” with a black trigger from the factory?

Ruger made many models of the MKIII.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:02 pm 
Bearcat

I have been looking for a standard tapered 6" barrel model, I already have a 4" model that has a trigger that is left in the white.....I bought my 4" model about 5 years ago....when I started looking for a 6" model just recently I am seeing them only (so far) with a blue finished trigger. I also ran across a few 4" models with both blue and triggers in the white..........