Bisley RB-22 and RB-22W

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Assistance needed as to what is a NM Bisley blued, in .22, fixed rear sight (windage adj only), roll marked cylinder and serial #261-5553X. Per RENE this gun is in range of an RB-22. However RB-22 has fluted cylinder. Also per RENE it is a RB-22W but 40,000 outside of known range.

I understand how ranges are determined, guns seen and verified.
I understand you can't identify any guns just using serial number only.

So;

What would be next step, read RENE again, explained by RF members, or *letter to Ruger?

Thanks.

SATCOM

*Letter will not be requested as owner (not me) of gun too frugal.

hittman

Staff member
SATCOM said:
Letter will not be requested as owner (not me) of gun too frugal.

:lol: For $10.00? :!:

Or, maybe the owner knows what he has and hopes nobody else will discover it's cobbled together from parts?

Some folks do have funny ways.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Thank you for your responses.

Gun is not mine. I was asked a question about it and RENE information on RBs confusing to me. Yes, a swapped cylinder could answer it.

SATCOM

chet15

Hawkeye
SATCOM said:
Thank you for your responses.

Gun is not mine. I was asked a question about it and RENE information on RBs confusing to me. Yes, a swapped cylinder could answer it.

SATCOM

Just remember...the info in RENE is only as complete as the info provided by other Ruger collectors. Some serial number ranges may be way off, but can only be corrected when people provide the info.
Limited runs of cleanup guns may also have been produced...but never heard of by your RENE editor.
All I do is collect the info...it is impossible to see everything.
Chet15