Single Six .22 Magnum cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
I recently bought a New Model Single Six .22 LR and am considering buying a .22 WMR cylinder for it. Is there anything in particular I need to look for? Is it a "drop in" fit. If not drop in it is it something I can do myself? Best place to find one?

"like" models, and "same vintage" ( era) guns the cylinders may interchange from similar guns, once they have been "fitted" ( installed) you buy a BRAND new one, it will need to be "fitted" and the lockup and timing checked.....main thing to look for in a replacement, ( spare) cylinder is that is matches the overall length of the cylinder that is already in YOUR gun, try to find one the same length ( overall) or a tad longer, as it can be made to fit,,,if its shorter, needs to be built up ( some say shims) I say NO, shims get lost, caught up, can split, and numerous other things, seen this over the years and time.....fit the cylinder properly,,,,,,,,,,the NEW model cylinder for your gun should be unfluted, and rollmarked around the cylinder "22 Magnum"............

you'd have to call them ask, tell them what YOU have,,,the timing and parts internally are different for the guns that have MORE holes ( smaller ratchets, different pawls , etc.......TIMING & ALIGNMENT :roll: 8) :wink:

eveled

Hawkeye
I'd buy another gun in a different barrel length. Make sure it's cylinder measures the same, then use it in both guns.

Latest posts