Had an extra scope laying around soooo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FieldGrade

Bearcat
I picked up another plinker for my Friday range sessions.

I mounted the scope and shot a few rounds off hand in the back yard today. I was basically just checking it for function which it does but it also surprised me with the best 10/22 trigger I've ever fired. I plan to use it for target shooting so I still plan to install a VQ hammer kit but honestly I could get used to it for casual hunting.

Headed to the range in the morning....wish me luck

3XjDWdIl.jpg

N6Ryw2hl.jpg

Cool, sounds like you like it and it works. I have been thinking about getting 1 or maybe the 2x7 for my sporter. But, I think the 4x would work just fine, I am not interested in shooting it past 50 yds with that rifle.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I love everything about it except the scope rings not a fan of those weaver rings. I like the Leupold rifleman rings but they are not in gloss so they would not match in your case so I understand the use. I got one with that stock and 2 with the black and grey stock. I have a weakness for 10/22s for some reason.

FieldGrade

Bearcat
collectormzornes said:
I love everything about it except the scope rings not a fan of those weaver rings. I like the Leupold rifleman rings but they are not in gloss so they would not match in your case so I understand the use. I got one with that stock and 2 with the black and grey stock. I have a weakness for 10/22s for some reason.

Yea....my favorite rings are Warn or Talley split rings but I wanted the scope as low as possible and I've yet to find a set of rings that are lower than the old school Weavers. Plus they are Gloss which matters to me.. I highly doubt that they'll fail under the recoil generated by a 10/22