Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
What is a decent price for a used Single Six? I found this one for $275.It has some holster wear and the anodizing removed from the aluminum parts

Single_Six_1.jpg

Single_Six_2.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
It's a NM,, but those grips are what make this a good deal. They look like elk horn,, and are worth about $150-$200 by themselves.

Its a nice gun, keep it and use it,,,parts you can find anytime, besides in time the anodizing will wear off here and there anyway, some folks PAY to have their parts stripped and polished out..….in time you can find walnut grips, and maybe a spare cylinder and make it a convertible....you did OK...…..

2 dogs

Buckeye
Really? It's a great price even without the stocks! And before you do anything else take several different kinds of 22's to the range and sit your bones down and shoot the thing. It could well be a hammer. You don't know till you give it a chance!

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
I just got in the front sight from Fermin Garza and after talking to the folks at Borchardt Rifle CorpI have an 8 shot .22 Mag cylinder on the way

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
I got the gun in and put one of Fermin's sights on it ( I love this sight) and have one of Story's 8 round .22 Mag cylinders on the way and have it tucked in an EPS Tom Threepersons holster. The grips are bone of some kind but are kinda fat for my taste and I have large hands. I don't know if I will keep the grips as is, get rid of them or maybe even try to slim them down (not sure about that). I will shoot it and see how it feels then.

9_FA5_C6_E1-_B406-4_C23-_B37_F-9553607_C2_CF5.jpg

A2_CF2489-_CDF4-463_F-_B359-72_E05_D70_E222.jpg

C928_E670-_B426-4798-977_E-7_A9658_D21955.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
pacecars,

Now all you need is a cyl pouch. I like the matching El Paso cap/cartridge pouch to carry my extra cyl in.

elpasosaddlery_Cap-Cartridge-Box.jpg

https://epsaddlery.com/shop/page/8/

I could see right off in the photo of the grips they'd be too fat for me too.

If you slim the grips the normal way, you'll lose all the 'bark'. If you don't like 'bark' that's OK.

But if you want to keep the bark, it's much easier to just sand off an 1/8" or so from the back side (1/8" at the bottom tapered to zero at the top. The grips will then fit a bit small to the grip frame. However, since the grip frame finish is already gone, you can just fit it to the grips and re polish it.

pastorp

Bearcat
I believe the single six was one of the best do all woods bumming guns ever mfg. I have several in 22/22mag and a couple of single 7s. Their just the right size and last a long time. I have gone to the stainless steel version though. Easier to keep rust free.