Ruger mark ll

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Allen in MT

Bearcat
Found this little jewel at a pawn shop the other day 150.00 no scratch dings or other marks, no box or papers, would be nice to find a box and manual for it.

https://image.ibb.co/hjzMsH/ruger_mark_ll.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Oh my! Cheap at TWICE that price.

Box and manuals wont be hard to find at all.

Allen in MT

Bearcat
This dates to 92-93, does this still have the yellow & black cardboard box or was it the the newer gray plastic boxes.
thanks

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Did it have the original Ruger scope base with it? I won't embarrass myself by admitting what I paid for mine but I suspect I have about what you paid for yours in spare magazines
and rings for the 2X Burris scope that I have on mine. Aging eyes needed the help, by the
way ShopRuger.com can supply magazines for it just so you don't have to search around, I
would recommend the Ruger OEM magazines even if the aftermarket ones are cheaper, they
often just do not function. Did you also get rings with it? Very good find just for the record, the MKIIs are my favorite of all the Marks and I think they represent the height of that model's development.

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Just an aside, if you call Ruger customer support they will send you an owner's manual for the MKII but as to the grey plastic box, I'd look on Gunbroker although one for the MKIV
series should fit if Ruger might sell you one, worth checking out either way.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
IIRC, only the last production MkII's were factory drilled and tapped so, if it came with a factory base, it was produced near the end of the MkII run.

45flattop

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan, mine, made around the same time as this one, the Government Target,
came pre drilled and with the original small steel base and rings that this one has
apparently lost so I wonder if its drilled or not, I don't know just when that began,
but it has been my impression that ALL of this model were regardless of when made.

45flattop

Single-Sixer
1gunsnotenough said:
I think you guys are talking about the Government Competition (GC) models or more frequently call the slabsides and they were all D&T.

Yes I am, but mine, a MKII era model is marked Competition Target, the word
"Government" appears nowhere on the pistol. The Government Target is a bull
barreled one with a different twist rate from all the other Marks. Mine is definitely
a "Slab sided" model just like the one that began this thread. And yes, you are
likely 100% correct that all these models came drilled and tapped from the outset.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
22/45 Fan said:
IIRC, only the last production MkII's were factory drilled and tapped so, if it came with a factory base, it was produced near the end of the MkII run.

Please give us the reference where you got that information concerning the Competition Target Mark II. I'd like to add that reference to my repertoire.
When the first versions of the Ruger Mark II Competition Target came out, there were only two holes D/T into the top of the receiver, and the "steel" bases provided were done the same way. I have a provided manual that shows that condition, and those bases and pistols are not plentiful.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
45flattop said:
1gunsnotenough said:
I think you guys are talking about the Government Competition (GC) models or more frequently call the slabsides and they were all D&T.

Yes I am, but mine, a MKII era model is marked Competition Target, the word
"Government" appears nowhere on the pistol.
The Government Target is a bull
barreled one with a different twist rate from all the other Marks. Mine is definitely
a "Slab sided" model just like the one that began this thread. And yes, you are
likely 100% correct that all these models came drilled and tapped from the outset.

None of the 6-7/8 stainless "slab-sides" were marked Government. Only the Government version ( left ) was.

OZ5MEaAl.jpg