Ruger LCR-X .22 LR pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

6mm Remington

Single-Sixer
I purchased one of these right after I saw an add in one of my hunting magazines. I went down to our Cabela's to see if they might have one and they did! I walked out the store with it. So far I have put about 400 rounds through the pistol and I love it. It is the perfect size for plinking, small game (grouse - rabbits), and even self-defense. Things I really like:

3" barrel is just perfect. It keeps the revolver compact and not too big, yet the 3" barrel is long enough to be accurate for the type of shooting it was made for.

Grips. Love the grips, the shape, and the material they are made of. They feel very comfortable.

Adjustable sights. Good sights with the white insert on the front works very well.

Double action and single action shooting since it does have a hammer. The double action pull is nice and smooth and I was able to do nice groups at 10 yards rapid fire. The single action shooting was great also as the trigger broke crisp and clean. Very well done guys!!

David

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I almost got this myself but instead decided on the SR22 instead. It still may be mine one day. It caught a lot of grief in reviews because of it's size and it not having a clear purpose. But if you enjoy shooting it that's purpose enough for me anyway.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
Ugly as sin, but I've shot the 3" .38 version, and it's a good revolver. Not surprising that the .22 is also good.

I actually like the look. I have the 3" in both 22 and 38, and they are very accurate. Lightweight, easy to carry, and plenty accurate for their intended use.

When hunting I usually carry one of these or my SR22 in a pocket holster. When shed hunting etc. I carry in a Simply Rugged OWB pancake holster. I would forget it's there except for the fact that I'm always pulling it out to shoot something or just to plink.

I also love the grips. I put them on my short barrel LCRx 38 as well. My wife carries the LCR 22 with CT laser grips. My carry gun is an LCR 38 with standard Hogue grips.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
I had the 6" .38 Special. Gave it to my sister who has weak hands. She loves it.
I can't tell you how old she is cause I would hate to get shot with my own revolver.
:D :D :D
Blackie

Wishoot

Bearcat
SR1911SHOOTER said:
I had the 6" .38 Special. Gave it to my sister who has weak hands. She loves it.
I can't tell you how old she is cause I would hate to get shot with my own revolver.
:D :D :D
Blackie

Ruger makes a 6" .38 spl LCRX??

I had one and couldn't fall in love with it. Too big for my pocket. No reasonably priced aftermarket non-rubber grips. Traded it off for a used S&W 317 which I am fairly well pleased with.