Anyone planning to get the new 6" barrel Bearcat?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

biglmbass

Bearcat
I've not seen them in person yet, but was made aware that a fixed sight 6" version is being made now. I assume it's a limited run. Anyone have one yet? I'm mildly interested though I'd have preferred the same gun in stainless.

trapperon

Blackhawk
I do have one! I have not shot it yet, just picked it up less than a week ago. It handles extremely well in my opinion. As far as wishing it were stainless--I am on the other side of the fence and happy it is blued. I think the stainless vaqueros as well as fixed sight stainless bearcats have sights that glare pretty bad especially shooting in bright daylight conditions. Blued models having traditional blued sights are much easier to see and use.

Anyway--great revolver. As it had to be special ordered from Lipseys I obviously didnt have the chance to handle one prior to buying. But when it arrived I was extremely delighted with its handling characteristics.

Ron

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Guess I do not spend enough on Lipseys site, there it is for all to see. Interesting version.

I had planned to have mine by the time the "Gathering" occurred BU T due to changes at at 'roster board' I won't be able to pick it up till I get back home. I AM P.. upset to say the least.

biglmbass

Bearcat
trapperon said:
I do have one! I have not shot it yet, just picked it up less than a week ago. It handles extremely well in my opinion. Ron

Do the grips fit well? Saw pics of a few online that looked a bit sloppy.

biglmbass said:
trapperon said:
I do have one! I have not shot it yet, just picked it up less than a week ago. It handles extremely well in my opinion. Ron

Do the grips fit well? Saw pics of a few online that looked a bit sloppy.
In the photo at the Lipsey site the grips loo to fit OK. They are however, still the plywood specials.

trapperon

Blackhawk
The grip fit on my 6 incher wasnt horrible, but I did swap them out for a pair of the earlier new bearcat rosewoods and they fit perfectly--and looks alot better too!

Ron

biglmbass

Bearcat
I was able to lay hands on one last Fri at a local shop. Grip fit was ok, nothing special. As soon as it was handed to me I could easily see a bit of daylight at the top of frame where grips meet the metal.

They're really neat & I'd love to have one but at nearly $550 before taxes it's a low priority on my want list.

Tom K

Bearcat
I know this is an old thread but I just found out a few weeks ago by accident about the 6" Bearcat. I had done a search on Gunbroker for Ruger and Lipseys and that's one of the things that came up. So I have one on its way!

I've never really cared for the original Bearcat configuration. I know a long barrel on a Bearcat goes against its whole reason for being, but it just looks much more appealing to me.

I have a few Bearcats and can say that this is the most accurate of them all. It hits what you point it at. You can get the real walnut grips but they are extra through the ShopRuger store. I will probably go with a faux ivory style later.

One more vote here for stainless, sight glare and all. I'm just kind of a "stainless guy."

That said, l don't expect to see it- I'm guessing these have a limited appeal to start with, and (unfortunately) we can't expect every configuration in every finish.

I thought the idea of a 6" Bearcat sounded ridiculous... right up until I saw a pic!

Then... nothing but love for the idea!

biglmbass

Bearcat
I still want one and think they look neat, though I'd 100% prefer stainless. Still waiting for a sweet deal to push me over the edge. Did pick up a blued shopkeeper recently at a good price, but still, naturally, I want this one too