Holster for Mark 4

Help Support Ruger Forum:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
bikerpipes said:
thanks wanted leather but will go with that one.
I think you will be pleased. It's ambidextrous (important for me since I'm left handed), the fit is adjustable for tension and it has a choice of ride heights. Most importantly it clears almost all red dots. I have a Ruger Picatinny rail on my MkIV installed "backwards" over the removed rear sight dovetail and with a C-More Railway sight. This combination fits that holster perfectly despite the length of the C-more.

XPLSV

Bearcat
Has anyone used this holster with the Hunter model which has the oversized target grips?

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
bikerpipes said:
thanks wanted leather but will go with that one.

At the time I was looking, there weren't very many decent holsters available. I got this Black Dog version from Brownells, but soon found that the hard plastic will wear on the bluing. I put a couple of sponge door frame stoppers with a sticky side inside the front end of the holster to keep the barrel from hitting either side of the holster. That does seem to quiet things down and it sure does protect the barrels finish. I've used this variant to hold every Ruger Mark pistol produced to date.

If I had it to do over again...................I'd search further for a lined leather holster.

q5CbmDil.jpg