Speed loader for mark 4

Help Support Ruger Forum:

websterz

Single-Sixer
https://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Mark-magazine-loader-Hilljak/dp/B00E5TQSNK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503320828&sr=8-5&keywords=ruger+magazine+loader

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
This past Sunday we held our 28th "Family Range Day" at our gun club. I held down the .22 pistol shooting range. The McFadden magazine loader really saved our bacon with keeping 9 magazines loaded with five rounds each for two Ruger Mark III's and one Mark II. It will work just fine for the Ruger Mark IV also, as it uses Mark IV magazines.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
bikerpipes said:
I found one at local gun shop less than 5 bucks works fine.
Yes they do work well and are far better than holding the button down with your thumb.

However, when you have to load or top up a lot of magazines and time is limited, the McFadden wins hands down. I use it for my MkIV magazines for steel challenge matches and the ability to top up 5 or 6 magazines in a minute or two between stages makes the McFadden well worth the slightly greater cost.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I got an "Uplulu" or whatever they are, at Cabela's that has two small loaders. One of them clamps around the magazine by friction and allows one to just drop in the rounds. The other allows one to hold the follower down and load. It can also help in unloading. They are both pretty good.