Bad day with Mark IV Glad I have a backup.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I went to the range with my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite today trying to get ready for this weekend's Steel Challenge match. I just got it back from the Recall and hoped everything would be fine. When it was back Ruger also replaced my barrel. They said they tested it with CCI Blazer from both magazines I sent them. I got it back with only one magazine so they finally sent me a second mag and the new one for doing the recall. Unfortunately these magazines did not work. Lots of jams so today I brought out my competition magazines that all worked flawlessly before.

I still had a number of failure to load and extract problem. Took the gun apart and it looks like I need a new extractor. I ordered one from Tandemkross.

Fortunately in the interim I bought a Mark III Hunter as a backup. I sighted it in and it ran 300 rounds in 7 different magazines without one failure. Guess I'll be shooting this one on Sunday.

lsXEkCG.jpg

22/45 Fan

Hunter
That's unfortunate. I have a MkIV stainless Target that has the complete Volquartsen Accurizing Kit installed. It works flawlessly with all 6 magazines I have if fed decent ammunition.

It does not have the safely problem that Ruger is recalling these guns for and I'm not going to restore it to stock condition, return it to Ruger and then replace all of the Volquartsen kit parts and wait for Voltquartsen to send me a modified sear. It works well and safely now and I'm a "let sleeping dogs lie" type anyway.