A semi good day at the range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Today I took my Mark IV 22/45 to the range to test my new trigger setup. I added a Tandemkross Victory Trigger after doing a Volquartsen Trigger Kit. All of this brought the trigger pull down to a very nice and crisp 1.5 lbs.

I also tested three magazines that were giving me trouble. I did the tune as described in this forum and was able to get all three to work flawlessly. I now have 15 mags to use between my Mark III and Mark IV.

CCI Mini Mags worked 100 % of the time. So did Federal AutoMatch Blazer and Green Tag.

The Green Tag Ammo was a surprise because none of the other Standard Velocity ammo worked, including Wolf Match Extra, CCI Standard, and Aguilla. All had failure to extract do to lack of power.

I ordered a new set of springs for the Bolt, hoping this will solve the problem. Cases would not eject because the bolt would not go back all the way.

I don't think the Green Tags are worth the extra money because they didn't group any tighter than Mini Mags or FAM.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
RimfireCentral.com. It's listed in the Ruger section. Also there is a video at Tandemkross.com. Very informative. Will help you save magazines that are causing miss feeds.

eveled

Hawkeye
That magazine tune up is definately a great thing. I have a shortcut that although is admittedly not thorough, it has worked on my magazines.

I simply put the plastic magazine loader on the magazine, with the base of the mag on the bench, I compress and release the spring rapidly 30 or 40 times. You can actually feel the magazine smooth out. The best part is it is easily done at the range.

Wow, CCI Green Tag, I used to shoot that back in Chicago. I could find it at Bass Pro. I didn't even realize they still made it.

I understand what you mean about the magazine "tune"... you're talking about getting the follower to slide smoothly up and down, yes? I have a few that are pretty rough and others are smooth as butter...

eveled said:
...I simply put the plastic magazine loader on the magazine, with the base of the mag on the bench, I compress and release the spring rapidly 30 or 40 times. You can actually feel the magazine smooth out...

Yup, I've always done that, works great. I just replaced my 22/45 with a Mark IV and gave both magazines a workout, they smooth out nicely that way.