Ruger Mark 111

Help Support Ruger Forum:

e3mrk

Bearcat
Even though I love shooting this Pistol when it comes time to disassemble for cleaning and reassemble it I want to take a hacksaw to it.
This Pistol is enough to drive a Person to Alcoholism.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
These are nice pistols and take apart similar but not the same as earlier MK 1&2. Some good videos out in Google Land. Suggest you look at several.Start with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPN87hRgbE

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
After watching a few videos on You Tube about assembling and disassembling the Mark III I can now put it back together in about 30 seconds and never have a problem. Take your time and you will find it to be easy.

My shooting buddy has a Hunter's model and can't remember how to do it unless he keeps the owner's manual in front of him. Takes him on average 3 hours and he won't watch the videos or listen to me. Ha Ha Ha.

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
One of the best youtube videos I have watched by "knowlege2you". He explains & shows up close photos of the very things to watch for...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwfpRMuEaBY

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
I just bought a used mk3, and it has one of the aftermarket bolt stop pins that you can remove with an allen wrench. I never cared much for that idea, but I must admit it sure simplifies takedown. Remove the pin, remove the bolt, clean the gun, replace the bolt and pin and you're done.

RUT

Single-Sixer
The Mark lll can be made to disassemble easier by elimination the dreaded mag. disconnect safety. The other thing you want to do is remove the damned LCI. Then you basically have a Mark ll. :)

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
If it bothered me that much I would trade it in on the new Mark IV. Probably cost a little to boot but no more frustration. I have both and prefer to shoot my Mark IV over my Mark III just for ease of cleaning. I have no problem breaking down the Mark III but why when you have a Mark IV.

I can offer the poor thing a good home and can even send a box and shipping label for it's transportation.
I just don't find a need to clean the Ruger 22 pistols often- even the suppressor hosts.

My experience was the problem was the point the barrel down or up part that was supposed to make the internal hammer fall into the right position. Mine never would and so I would have to take a thin slip of metal and actually push the hammer into the right position to get the pistol back together.... I know most will disagree with what I'm going to say next.. but that was about 3-5,000 rounds ago... I decided to quit cleaning the pistol and just spray it down every so often.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I decided to quit cleaning the pistol and just spray it down every so often.

Agree 100%. No need to disassemble from just normal shooting. http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=Dunk

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Get yourself a bore snake to clean the barrel every 1000 rounds. I mostly just spray my Mark III with Brake Cleaner. When I do take it apart it's no big problem but I like my Mark IVs better.

Latest posts