Any thoughts on the reliability of the mark Iv

Help Support Ruger Forum:

beacon1933

Bearcat
I contemplate just one more purchase. The Mark IV is one my radar. Anyone with experience with this new Ruger

Ruger45

Blackhawk
My only though is that it is way to soon to know the reliability of the new design. They did test it at Ruger but we have all seen somethings that never should have left the factory. LOL

22/45 Fan

Hunter
It's only a single data point but my new MkIV Stainless Target model has been absolutely 100% reliable right from the first shot. I've put about 400 rounds of mixed premium and bulk pack ammo through it without a single failure.

RSIno1

Hunter
I imagine the first few months of production they will all get the attention they need to be 100% reliable. Once they speed the assembly line up to max who knows. I don't see why it shouldn't be as reliable as a 1949 model. The only real change is in takedown and as long as they don't cheap out on the spring that holds the catch in or use some cheap metal for the latch that wears quickly I forsee no problems. I just wish I could buy one here in CA.

Reliability is not the most important feature to me for a range gun, so even if it occasionally has a hiccup it would be Ok with me. If it turns out as problem prone as my old Browning Buckmark, then I might be concerned.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
Theres a you tube video where one had play in the top , they all do from what ive seen , but his was excessive , mine is almost not noticeable , but by design iam guessing they would all move a hair if you try , not a solid lock up like the previous models , Ruger put a new receiver on it for him , I hope its not a problem in the future of them loosening after several rounds, hopefully nothing to worry about . : )

rrent

Bearcat
My MkIV Target model (not stainless) has been 100%.
I've shot it side by side with myMkII government target and, other than stiffer trigger, noticed no significant differ.
I am going to install a trigger kit as soon as I finds"drop in",

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIxiC8t4JcM in that video it moves a lot, if you watch the follow up video after Ruger returned it , it still moves just a bit , but no where near as much as before , 22/45 fan , is yours no movement at all , even less than the 2 nd video ?

John chaddock

Bearcat
I have been looking for mark lV hunter around houston area I can find the target model in just about all of Academy stores an have looked in some of the high dollar sporting good stores are thay out on the market yet

RSIno1

Hunter
5of7 said:
Ruger45 said:
RSIno1 said:
I just wish I could buy one here in CA.
Then it's up to you to get out and change the laws in CA. :wink: :wink:

Or, if at all possible, to more yourself and family out of Ca. 8)
Micro stamping is the current problem to getting a pistol in CA. It's still in the courts a recent case was upheld so it'll be going up a step. Would love to move but a 6 digit salary and real good healthcare is hard to leave also since the arrival of the grandson my wife refuses to leave when I retire. I'm stuck here.

RandyP

Bearcat
IMHO since the barrel, bolt and sights are all fixed on the same assembly (like an AR) , any slight "play" between the barrel assembly and the frame is unimportant and will have zero impact on accuracy.

carolinakid

Bearcat
Was shooting my Mark IV Hunter last night and noticed the rear sight had loosened and shifted to the left. Only second time it was out being shot. Just had to tighten the tension screw to fix it.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
My Mark IV 22/45 Lite will feed anything I put through it. It's the most reliable gun I've ever bought. Too bad the stock trigger is horrible but that is being taken care of. I ordered a Volquartsen Trigger Kit for it.

gkgeiger

Bearcat
AzShooter1 said:
My Mark IV 22/45 Lite will feed anything I put through it. It's the most reliable gun I've ever bought. Too bad the stock trigger is horrible but that is being taken care of. I ordered a Volquartsen Trigger Kit for it.
Don't be like me, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9EmYwDyzg video before you start and follow it through the entire procedure. It will save you a lot of time and grief.