Looked at a Mark IV yesterday, pretty cool

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Assuming the relibility and accuracy of the new Mark IV would be at least as good as previous models this gun seems pretty cool. The simple release to tilt the barrel up and off the receiver, would make it just about able to be cleaned and lubed without dissembly. Plus the gun looks great. I am just thinking about the price of $429 cash at the LGS that I saw it in.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
About $750 at Gander Mountain. Now everyone knows their gun prices are high. But I found that shocking even by their standards. After I was done laughing I took a good look at it. Beautiful firearm. They had both types. The Hunter and the other which I have forgotten what they are calling it.

Slyk Willy

Single-Sixer
Heck, I finally got to the point that I can dis-assemble and actually put my MIII Hunter BACK TOGETHER. I'll stick with it.
I do like the fact that Ruger is engaged with changing their designs that have caused ppl grief. LC9, Mark series etc. Many companies stand by their questionable products until they go under.

hognfrog

Bearcat
I bought one (Mark IV Hunter, Stainless) a first week in Oct. from an online dealer through Armslist and total cost to me, including the 3% CC fee was $604. I haven't fired it yet and won't until next spring, I abandon Wisconsin for the warmth of Florida for the winter.

choatecav

Bearcat
Picked up my M 4 Hunter today and got it for $609 and it is a beauty. Have not shot it yet, but hope to this weekend. Wondering about dry firing this one. I think the manual says yes, but I know rim fires are not historically good with this.

Mark

steamloco76

Single-Sixer
choatecav said:
Picked up my M 4 Hunter today and got it for $609 and it is a beauty. Have not shot it yet, but hope to this weekend. Wondering about dry firing this one. I think the manual says yes, but I know rim fires are not historically good with this.

Mark
Ruger MKIV's have the same basic bolt and firing pin design as the previous series, including the firing pin stop which keeps the pin from hitting the chamber face. Dry fire away.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Rei40c said:
About $750 at Gander Mountain. Now everyone knows their gun prices are high. But I found that shocking even by their standards. After I was done laughing I took a good look at it. Beautiful firearm. They had both types. The Hunter and the other which I have forgotten what they are calling it.

I'd guess that pricing is based on the earliest release batch. GM and other retail re-sellers base their store prices on purchase price (from their distributors, etc.) so not alot of store input or other thought of "scalping" goes into it. Whatever the distributors charged their buyers, GM merely has an algorithm that determined the shelf tag price.
I'll bet once the distributors adjust pricing to current production/availability, you'll see those retail stores adjust accordingly.

Meanwhile shop around at LGS stores, use the internet and let the big-box stores eat their inflated-priced inventory. I recommend a FFL that buys from Davidson's, as you get the lifetime replacement warranty protection, especially important on a "first-year" gun? YMMV, but I like the protection at no extra charge.

Ruger is making the MkIV in racksful as you eat & sleep, there will be no shortage in the supply. PLUS the 22/45 version will soon ship in truckloads - and that excites me! Squirrels are digging in deeply because they somehow know...

mohavesam

Hawkeye
It is a bad pic of the bronze commissioned by WBR, sculpted by Fred Fellows: "An Honest Day's Work".

"In the vast reaches of the American West, the work ethic still exists.
The man who makes his living on horses that are bound to buck earns his pay.
A good hand is loyal to his outfit, meets a challenge, and takes pride in an honest day's work."

Although WBR died at home within sight of the Prescott factory, rumors that he is interned under the bronze are NOT TRUE. Reputedly, one of his roadsters is there...

Sorry, OT. But I'd bet my lunch money he would wholeheartedly approve of the MkIV pistol.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Bought my Mk IV blued target model last Wednesday for $399.99 plus tax at LGS near Flint, MI. Like everything about it so far. Magazine pops right out when you press the release, unlike the Mk III where you have to drag it our unless the MDS is removed, the safety is also pleasant to use.